Following a tough 5-2 loss to Princeton in Saturday’s Ivy League matchup, the field hockey team bounced back with a 2-1 win at Hofstra on Sunday.

Yale (5-3, 1-1 Ivy) held Princeton (7-1, 1-0), which came into the game ranked seventh in the nation, at bay for much of the first half, though Katie Reinprecht’s deflected goal with six minutes to go in the period left the Bulldogs facing a 1-0 lead at the half.

Then the floodgates opened.

The Tigers scored three goals in a span of 11 minutes midway through the second half, including Reinprecht’s second tally of the game, to take a commanding 4-0 lead.

But as they have all season, the Bulldogs fought back.

Midfielder Erin Carter ’12 capitalized on a penalty stroke, and forward Ashley McCauley ’10 added her eighth goal of the year to cut the lead to 4-2, but then Reinprecht rounded out her hat trick to solidify the game’s final score at 5-2.

“I was definitely very proud of how our team went out and played Princeton strong,” head coach Pam Stuper said in a press release. “The ball could have bounced either way. But then we made a few errors, and they capitalized.”

Despite the loss, the Elis came out firing against Colonial Athletic Association power Hofstra (5-5) on Sunday. After Carter scored her second goal of the weekend on another penalty stroke midway through the first half, midfielders Katie Cantore ’10 and Marissa Waldemore ’11 set up captain and back Julia Weiser’s ’10 goal to send Yale into halftime with a 2-0 lead.

Hofstra rallied in the second half, peppering goalkeeper Katie Bolling ’11 with 10 shots. Only one, off a breakaway by the Pride’s leading scorer — sophomore Genna Kovar — found the back of the net, and the Bulldogs held on to take the 2-1 victory.

“I thought we played well but we have some areas that we need to fix in order to be successful for the rest of our Ivy play,” Bolling said. “We like to take each game one at a time, but I think if we make the small adjustments that we need to we will be very happy with where we end up this year in our Ivy play.”

Yale is now 1-1 in the Ivy League heading into next Saturday’s home contest against Cornell.