After having a midweek doubleheader at Wagner cancelled due to rain on Wednesday, the softball team finishes the season this weekend with four games against North Division rival Brown (11-21, 5-11 Ivy). Saturday’s doubleheader will be played in New Haven at the DeWitt Family Field and Sunday’s will take place in Providence, R.I.

Last weekend’s split against first-place Dartmouth (20-17, 11-5) was an impressive showing for the Bulldogs, but it was too little, too late. With the Big Green up four games in the standings and Harvard (24-13, 10-6) just one game behind, the Elis were mathematically eliminated from contention for the North Division title and a chance to play for the Ivy League championship to represent the conference in the regional playoffs. The last time Yale won a softball Ivy League championship was in 1993.

But the Bulldogs will head into this weekend’s doubleheaders with a chance to finish in second place in the division and post one of their more successful seasons in recent memory. The Elis have won three of four from the Bears in the season’s final weekend each of the last two seasons and with Brown sporting just a 5-11 conference record, the Bulldogs have their eyes set on concluding the season on a high note.

The four-game series will be the final appearance in Yale uniforms for four key seniors — captain and first baseman Megan Enyeart ’09, designated player Katie Edwards ’09, and pitchers Rebecca Wojciak ’09 and Deanna DiBernardi ’09.

Edwards and Enyeart are third and fourth on the team in hitting, batting .333 and .331, respectively. The pair leads the team in home runs with three, while Enyeart is first in RBI (28) and Edwards is second (21). Enyeart also leads the team in slugging percentage and Edwards is first in walks.

Wojciak and DiBernardi are the aces of the Ivy League’s second-best pitching staff — the two lead the Elis in appearances inside the circle with 20 and 19, respectively. Wojciak leads the team in innings, posting a 2.54 ERA and 11 complete games. DiBernardi, who has been pitching with a limiting pitch count until recently due to a severe arm injury, leads the team with a 2.32 ERA and wins with eight.

Offensively, designated player Kate Strobel leads Brown. The freshman is hitting a team-high .344 from the plate and leads the team with five home runs and 19 RBI. On the mound, Michelle Moses is the team’s ace. Moses heads the team with a 3.89 ERA, 19 appearances, five wins and six complete games.

Each of the twin bills begin at 12:30 p.m.