The women’s lacrosse team is enjoying its longest break since starting the season, six days, as it prepares for the final push of the season.

With four games left, the Bulldogs (4-8, 1-4 Ivy) can still finish the season at .500. They will begin their drive on Tuesday when they host Wagner (3-8) at Reese Stadium. The Seahawks, who are 1-5 on the road this season, will be hosted by a Bulldogs team that is 1-3 on its own turf.

The two teams have shared only one opponent this year. While the Seahawks fell to Columbia 12-7 early in the season, the Elis defeated the Lions on Wednesday, 16-8.

In that game, five Bulldogs scored goals, including one by defender Michele Fiorentino ’10, her first career goal at Yale. But more importantly, Fiorentino’s goal, a score by a defender, personifies the new style of offense that the Bulldogs have recently implemented.

Beginning three games ago in their match against Holy Cross, the Elis have stressed playing a team-oriented offense that forces the offense to function as a unit. The Elis have focused on off-the-ball movement, waiting for an unmarked cutter to get an easy shot on goal. Spearheading this style of offense is Jenna Block ’10, who is second in the Ivy League with 1.60 assists per game.

Although the Elis are eager to carry their momentum into the end of the season, they also welcome the weekend off as a time to recover from ailing injuries head coach Anne Phillips said. Midfielder Jenn Warden ’09 is recovering from an ankle injury, and midfielder Natalie Reid ’10 suffered a stick-check to the face that left her with a cut near the eye.