Elis woke up Wednesday to find the race for spots on the Yale College Council Executive Board in full force — especially the campaigns of Jon Wu ’11 and Ryan Beauchamp ’10, both running for YCC president.

Less than 24 hours into the official commencement of the campaign, signs with “Ryan Beauchamp for President” or simply, “WU!” dotted bulletin boards around campus. The two candidates also launched campaign videos, which differ dramatically in style and content and hint at differences in their approaches toward the race.

Wu, for his part, has filmed a sequel to the “Yes Wu Can” video that was created for his successful 2008 YCC treasurer campaign. The new video, a parody of “You’re the One that I Want” from the musical Grease, features a variety of campus personalities — including Wu’s sophomore advisor, Larned Professor of History Cynthia Russett — dancing, singing and shouting variations on the theme, “I’ve been ‘Wu-ed’.”

“What I’m really trying to do is generate interest in the YCC campaign,” Wu said Wednesday of his video. “The video shows that I can relate to a wide variety of people.”

For his campaign video, Beauchamp, dressed in a button-down shirt and tie, explains the details of his campaign platform while giving a walking tour of the Jonathan Edwards and Branford college courtyards.

Beauchamp, who described the video as a “conversation about ideas,” said in an interview that he wanted to demonstrate that he is prepared to address the serious issues the council will confront. He said his posters, on the other hand, which evoke a presidential portrait, were designed to be “a little over the top.”

Candidates must be careful to obey the strict election regulations enforced by the YCC election committee, which include a $60 spending limit on all campaign-related expenses not including the cost of printing posters. These posters must be printed in black and white and no more than 160 may be posted.

Some candidates have tried to encapsulate their personalities in catchy slogans.

“The candidate you can talk to,” proclaims the poster for Abigail Cheung ’11, who is running against Brian Levin ’11 for vice president. “Vote Secretary. Freshmen do it better. Vote Victoria!” reads the sign for Victoria Gilcrease ’12, who, in addition to competing with one other freshman, Rustin Fakheri ’12, is running against Mike Bronfin ’11 and Reese Faust ’10.

(Fakheri is a staff reporter for the News.)

Other candidates are using posters and Facebook banners to link themselves to United States presidents past and present. For example, with his “I like Mike” slogan, Bronfin chose a throwback to Dwight Eisenhower’s 1952 campaign.

Brian Levin’s Facebook profile picture features a photo of himself shaking hands with Barack Obama. “Brian Levin for VP. He couldn’t be Barack’s VP. But he could be yours on YCC,” reads the text across the photo.

Faust’s Facebook profile picture is an imitation of the iconic red and blue sketch of Obama — this time featuring Faust’s face.

The campaign began in earnest when candidacy statements were submitted to the Yale College Dean’s Office on Tuesday. Voting will begin at 9 a.m. on April 13 and polls will close at 9 p.m. the next day.