Another loss to Harvard. Dean Shelly Lowe, director of Yale’s Native American Cultural Center, will leave her post in June to become the executive director of Harvard’s Native American Program. “Shelly leaves the NACC in excellent shape, and I am confident that the center will continue to be a vibrant focal point for Native American students and programming,” Dean of Student Affairs Marichal Gentry said.

That’s Ludacris! Branford College Master Steven Smith yesterday revealed the secret “special guest” for his Thursday Master’s Tea: rapper Chris “Ludacris” Bridges. Attendance at the Tea, to be held at 4 p.m. in the Branford Master’s House, will be limited to Branford students and capped at 60 people. A sign-up sheet will be available beginning at 8 a.m. today in the Master’s Office.

Yale has claimed the No. 6 spot as a “dream college” for college applicants, according to Princeton Review’s “2009 College Hopes & Worries Survey.” Yale follows Stanford, Harvard, Columbia, Princeton and NYU.

Parents, on the other hand, ranked Yale as the No. 5 dream school for their children, following Harvard, Stanford, Princeton and Notre Dame.

Tuesday’s speech by renowned radio host Ira Glass featured a who’s who of Yale and New Haven figures in the audience: President Levin, Provost Salovey, Dean Miller and Ward 9 Alderman Roland Lemar were all sitting in the first few rows.

Anticipating high demand for a Master’s Tea featuring Arianna Huffington and Linda Greenhouse LAW ’78 today, Jonathan Edwards Acting Master Penelope Laurans informed students via e-mail last night that no seating would be reserved and that some students may have to be turned away. Greenhouse is also speaking at a YPU debate in SSS 114 at 7:30 p.m. tonight.

Batman behind bars. The Party of the Left passed a resolution last night to prosecute Batman. “Surprisingly, even Yalies think that a rich kid with a sob story isn’t above the law,” noted Yale Political Union President David Manners-Weber ’10.

This day in Yale history

1979 Berkeley senior Laila Amin ’79 was notified that campus police had recovered a $2,000 watch, two gold rings and other valuables that were stolen by a masked burglar claiming to represent Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, Iran’s revolutionary leader. The jewelry was recovered after an anonymous caller informed police that the items were in a box on Old Campus.

Submit ideas to Cross Campus
crosscampus@yaledailynews.com