This article has been corrected. You may view this article’s correction here.

The sailing team finished fourth at the New England Dinghy Championships for the Coast Guard Alumni Bowl held in Newport, R.I., with 159 points. With that finish, the second-ranked Elis qualified for the 2008 Coed Dinghy Championships.

Braving bad weather conditions, the Bulldogs completed 10 races in the event. Skipper Zachary Brown ’08 and crew Grace Becton ’08 came in sixth in the A division with 81 points. In the B division, captain skipper Thomas Barrows ’10 and crew Abigail Coplin ’08 finished fifth with 78 points overall. Yale also fared well at intersectional competition, placing third out of 16 teams at the Moody Trophy with 162 points after losing to No. 1 St. Mary’s in a tiebreaker.

The Elis also competed at the Oberg Trophy at Harvard in FJs and placed 10th Saturday.

The women’s sailing team finished ninth in the Duplin Trophy. The No. 2 Elis earned 118 points in the event, which was hosted by Boston College. The Eli women will compete in the New England Women’s Dinghy Championship for the Reed Trophy held at the McNay Family Sailing Center at Yale, in hopes of qualifying for the women’s national championship.

The Bulldogs will be in action next weekend, competing at the Admiral’s Cup, the Thompson Trophy and the Priddy Trophy.

YALE DAILY NEWS