Q: How did it feel when you found out you were going to be the captain of the team this season?

A: I felt honored that my teammates would vote me captain.

Q: Did you feel any pressure when you were closing in on your 1000th career point?

A: I never really thought about it until someone told me at the beginning of the year. It was nice to reach, but we got a win that night too.

Q: How was it to go back to the west coast and play in front of friends and family?

A: It was the first time that I have played in California since my freshman year in 2004. It was fun seeing so many familiar faces in the stands.

Q: Growing up, did you have any favorite teams and/or players?

A: I always watched the Golden State Warriors, but never really had any favorite players.

Q: Do you model your game after someone or is it influenced by anyone in particular?

A: I think my game is influenced by everyone that I’ve played against. I try to pick up moves or shots every

time we play someone new.

Q: Finishing the non-conference schedule at 6-8, how would you assess the team’s play thus far?

A: Our offense has been pretty good, but our defense has to get better.

Q: How do you think the tough non-conference schedule will impact the team coming into conference play?

A: It’ll help us because we have seen so many defenses and players, so hopefully not much will surprise us.

Q: Who do you think is the team to beat heading into conference play?

A: The league is so open this year that it’s tough to tell.

Q: Are you looking forward to any games in particular?

A: The first one against Brown.

Q: Would you consider the season a failure if you guys don’t win the league title and go to the Dance?

A: I’d say everyone would be pretty disappointed. We just need to play well.