Harvard Housing Committees, the Harvard Undergraduate Council and members of the Harvard administration reached an agreement over regulations for this year’s Yale-Harvard game, finalizing among other proposals the ban on kegs and U-Hauls, in a meeting Thursday night.

The meeting also resulted in the finalization of some of the other ideas proposed during the last two weeks. In compliance with a Boston liquor transport law, no one will be allowed to transport more than 20 gallons of alcohol without a license into the tailgate. Harvard Housing Committees will purchase alcohol from United Liquor, a liquor distributor which will also check IDs. The administration and students also agreed upon a location for all undergraduate tailgates, an issue that Harvard Undergraduate Council President Matthew Mahan said had previously aroused contention between the two groups.

Mahan said he was pleased with the outcome of the meeting.

“The administration took a lot of really positive steps to ensure that the game is the traditional fun day that it always is,” he said.

The decision to hold all undergraduate tailgates in the same area was one of the most important accomplishments of the night, Mahan said. Previously, the administration considered separating housing committee tailgates from other Harvard student group tailgates — Yale tailgates had no designated space at all. After Thursday’s meeting, all parties agreed to consolidate the tailgates on Ohiri Field, which Mahan said is both close to the football field and larger than the tailgate space of 2002’s game.

Harvard’s Undergraduate Council Vice President Michael Blickstead said he was particularly supportive of the decision not to use wristbands to identify those of legal drinking age, a proposal Harvard administrators previously considered.

“We just wanted to make sure that students under 21 weren’t segregated with wristbands,” Blickstead said. “The university had agreed to use IDs instead,”

But United Liquors will have to approve the decision to eliminate wristbands Blickstead said.

United Liquors will provide Harvard’s Housing Committees with the only kegs allowed at the game. The liquor distributor will check IDs before it serves students and agreed to assume responsibility for any alcohol-related accidents. Mahan said students can circumvent the 20 gallon alcohol transportation restriction only by purchasing an expensive and difficult to obtain license.

Both Mahan and Blickstead said although the plans agreed upon at Thursdays meeting are fairly finalized, the tailgate’s organizers still need to talk to the Yale student government, the Boston Police Department and United Liquor.

“The plans are very solid in the sense that they represent a really great compromise between the administration and students, but there are still other groups involved that hold really important trump cards,” Mahan said.

The student organizers will meet with the Boston police on Monday, Mahan said. A meeting with United Liquor is also slated to take place in the near future.

Yale student Dave Nitkin ’07 said he thought Harvard’s regulations will “ruin” the game.

This just proves that no matter who wins the game, Yale is demonstrably the better school — when it comes to social life,” Nitkin said.

Harvard student leaders said while they plan to meet with Yale student representatives in the coming weeks, they have yet to set a date.