What a wacky weekend this has been for the world of Ivy men’s lacrosse. No. 11 Cornell (7-3, 4-1 Ivy) turned the tables on No. 5 Princeton (7-3, 3-1), ending the Tigers’ eight-game Ivy win streak in a breath-taking overtime upset. Later that afternoon, No. 16 Brown (8-3, 2-2) beat No. 20 Dartmouth (7-4, 2-2) and No. 17 University of Pennsylvania (7-5, 3-3) took a game from Loyola, putting the Bears, Big Green and Lions in a three-way tie for third in the Ivy League.

Cornell 12, Princeton 11, OT

The Big Red did not fail to come up big Saturday at Class of 1952 Stadium. This big Cornell victory not only snapped Princeton’s eight-game skid, but also gave the Big Red the upper hand in the Ivy standings and a chance to claim at least a share of the Ivy title.

Cornell midfielder Justin Redd scored the game-winning goal 1:03 into overtime to pull off the upset over Princeton.

Midway into the final quarter of the match, it appeared that the Cornell upset would come sooner than everyone thought. Big Red attacker Andrew Collins scored the final goal for Cornell in regulation to cap off a 3-0 run and take a massive 11-8 lead with 9:15 remaining.

Both teams remained scoreless over the next 7:26 until Princeton attacker Jason Doneger broke the silence with a goal that triggered a Tiger 3-0 rally.

Only 34 seconds after Doneger’s goal, Tiger midfielder Drew Casino found the back of the net for the third time in the game to make it a one-point match. And finally, Princeton attacker Ryan Boyle completed the run with the game-tying goal just 24 seconds before the end of regulation.

The Big Red opened the match with a goal from Collins after forcing a Princeton turnover. But the Tigers responded with a goal of their own.

After another Cornell goal, Casino hit his first goal of the game while triggering a Tiger 3-0 run to take a 4-2 lead at the end of the first quarter. By the end of the first half, Princeton had a 6-5 edge.

The Big Red took the offensive in the third quarter and outscored Princeton three goals to one to take an 8-7 lead. After Tiger midfielder Erik Kudla opened the final segment with a goal to tie the game, Redd triggered the Cornell 3-0 run to give the Big Red the 11-8 lead.

Collins, Redd, Doneger, attacker Kevin Nee and midfielder Joe Boulukos each scored two goals for the Big Red, and Collins finished with a game-high five points: two goals and three assists.

Boyle led the Tigers with five points of his own, on a goal and four assists.

Brown 9, Dartmouth 6

Brown attackers Chazz Woodson and Dave Madeira and midfielder Britton Derkac each netted two goals to lead the Bears to a promising victory over the Big Green Saturday afternoon at Providence, R.I.

Dartmouth’s only lead of the match came on the first goal of the game when midfielder Russell Radebaugh hit an unassisted goal with 11:23 left in the first quarter.

Brown answered the challenge right away with three consecutive goals, one each from Madeira, Derkac and attacker George Bassett.

The Bears took a 4-2 lead by the end of the first quarter and scored the only goal in the second to enter halftime with a 5-2 advantage.

Big Green midfielder Ben Grimmel struck first early into the second half to bring the team within two. But on the ensuing play, Woodson took the ball and scored his second goal of the day.

Brown midfielder Chris Muccilo followed with his only goal of the day to give the Bears their largest lead of the game, 7-3 with 1:43 left in the third quarter.

Dartmouth acted quickly by scoring a goal before the end of the third and another at the start of the fourth to pull within 7-5 of the Bears.

Brown attacker Rory Hyland and Dartmouth attacker Jamie Coffin exchanged goals before Madeira put the game away for good on his second goal of the day with 4:20 remaining in the game.

Coffin and attacker Ryan Danehy each tallied two goals for Dartmouth. Bears goalie Mike Levin and Big Green goalie Andrew Goldstein both notched 11 saves for the day.

Penn 7, Loyola 5

The Quakers won their second straight match this season, and the sixth of their last eight, with a 7-5 victory against host Loyola Saturday afternoon at Curley Field.

The visitors opened with a 3-0 run on goals by Penn attackers Jimmy Riordan and Luke Dixson and midfielder Will Phillips in the final 6:18 of the first quarter.

Loyola accepted the challenge and responded with four consecutive goals to take a 4-3 lead. That lead did not last too long, as Quaker midfielder Patrick Connelly sank a goal to tie the game only 55 seconds later.

In the second half the Penn defense nearly completely shut down the Greyhounds, giving up only one goal for the next 40 minutes.

In a 13-second time span late in the third, Dixson and Phillips each scored a goal to reclaim the lead, 6-5. Quaker midfielder Ethan Haire put the nail in the coffin by scoring the final goal of the game in the fourth quarter.