For years there were no bites on boxer Mike Tyson’s sprawling Connecticut estate.

But in a move that could surprise soccer moms and office-park dads, rap superstar 50 Cent just cut a deal on the 48,000-square-foot mansion. A self-proclaimed “P.I.M.P.,” “Fiddy” is moving to Farmington and may join “da club” — the country club, that is.

Crack hustler-turned-rapper 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III, bought the 17-acre property, which includes servants’ quarters and a boathouse near the Farmington Reservoir, for $4.1 million from Tyson’s ex-wife, Monica Turner Tyson. The ear-biting former heavyweight champion signed the house over to his second wife for $1 on Dec. 12, 2002, as part of a divorce settlement.

Less than an hour away from New Haven, the 46 Poplar Bars Road mansion has 18 bedrooms, 38 bathrooms and seven kitchens. With a 3,500-square-foot nightclub, a theater, an indoor pool, a racquetball court, two three-story grand staircases and an eight-car garage, the 26-year-old multi-millionaire rapper may never need to leave his new home in the quiet Hartford suburb. Maintaining tranquility would please local authorities, Farmington police dispatcher Tom Savigny said.

“When Mike Tyson was there, we hardly knew he was there,” he said. “There were parties, but no more than anyone else had. Nothing that we had to respond to or anything.”

Born into a notorious Queens, N.Y., drug dynasty during the late 1970s, 50 Cent was raised without a father; his street-savvy mother was found dead under mysterious circumstances before 50 Cent was a teenager, according to an online biography. News reports over the weekend speculated that Jackon’s dangerous past — he has been shot nine times — and his long-standing and fierce rivalry with rapper Ja Rule and his Murder Inc. crew could bring violence to Farmington.

50 Cent was involved in a well-publicized shoot-out in front of the Doubletree Hotel in Jersey City, N.J., last month, the New Jersey Star Ledger reported. When shots rang out, 50 Cent and his entourage fled in several SUVs, the newspaper reported, but police found nine casings in the parking lot.

“When word got out that this may be happening, we began trying to track down who was representing him so we could meet with them to discuss any concerns,” Farmington police Capt. James Rio told the Associated Press. “He is a citizen and we are concerned for his safety as well as the safety of the public.”

50 Cent has record deals with Aftermath and Interscope records, both owned by Grammy-winning rapper Eminem, and his chart-topping hits include “P.I.M.P.” and “In Da Club.” When asked about the possibility of 50 Cent joining the 500-member Farmington Country Club, manager Jeff Boyle said the club would welcome the rapper.

“If he wants to he can,” he said. “If he’s a golfer, why not?”

Local music store owners said they were excited about Jackon’s move to Farmington, but did not think his move would necessarily increase hip-hop sales.

“We already have a really big hip-hop market here,” said Josephine Ackerson, manager at FYE, a shopping mall music store in Farmington.

Tyson, who bought the house for $2.7 million in 1997, invested $1 million in it by adding health-club-grade gymnasium equipment and a lavish nightclub, the Wall Street Journal reported last year. Tyson put the property on the market for $22 million in 1998, but with little success. In a last-ditch effort to attract buyers, Tyson put up a sign on the highway outside the property: “Come on in, I won’t bite you,” a London newspaper reported. Tyson took the home off the market in 2002.

“It’s a very unusual property and a standalone situation,” said Martha Fine, a Farmington realtor with Coldwell Banker. “[Farmington has] vintage antique homes to brand new things — the whole gamut. [Tyson’s] is a unique property.”