Last Monday around 1 a.m., police officers reported to Vanderbilt Hall in response to an alarm set off by four students who broke into the renovation site of the Old Campus dormitory, police said.

“Officers got dispatched to Vanderbilt Hall because of an alarm,” Yale Police Lt. Michael Patten said. “They saw four guys inside the fence.”

Patten said when the four suspects saw the police arrive on the scene, they tried to run away.

Joseph Mack ’05 and Norman Stainthorpe ’05 were apprehended by police, while the two other suspects evaded capture, police said.

Mack and Stainthorpe were arrested for interfering with a police officer and for third degree criminal trespass, Patten said.

Stainthorpe declined to comment.

Mack was not available for comment at press time.

You’re in a lot of trouble

This past Sunday around 1 a.m., police spotted a man urinating near the corner of York and Wall streets, Patten said.

Robert Neviaser, 31, of New Haven, was arrested by police after he relieved himself in public, police said.

“This guy was just pissing in the middle of York Street,” Patten said.

Neviaser was charged with disorderly conduct.

Trumbull vending vendetta

Last Wednesday afternoon around 4 p.m., police responded to a report of criminal mischief in the basement of Trumbull College, Patten said. When they arrived, police said they found that someone attempted to break into a vending machine in the basement of Trumbull.

“Somebody pried the candy machine open, trying to get the money,” Patten said.

No one was arrested in connection to the break-in.

Laptop theft

On Saturday around 5:30 p.m., police responded to a report of a stolen laptop, Patten said.

A laptop was taken during a burglary that occurred in Entryway G of Davenport College, police said.

The theft comes on the heels of the release of Yale campus crime statistics that indicate a rise in the theft of laptops and personal digital assistants.

No arrests were made in connection to the burglary.

Bookstore’s bad company

Last Tuesday evening around 7:20 p.m., police responded to a reported criminal trespass at the Yale Bookstore, Patten said.

Lynwood Gillian, 52, of New Haven, allegedly walked into the bookstore and was asked to leave by bookstore personnel, police said.

Patten said this was not Gillian’s first unwelcome visit to the bookstore, and he was asked by personnel on previous visits not to return.

Gillian was arrested for criminal trespass in the first degree.