A home in East Haven has been searched as part of the national crackdown on the white supremacist group, the Aryan Brotherhood.

Agents from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms searched a Thompson Street home Thursday, however no arrests were made.

The Los Angeles office of the ATF led the six-year investigation into the prison-based gang founded in California in 1964 by white supremacists.

The gang is allegedly responsible for numerous violent attacks and murders of inmates and correctional officers in federal and state prisons across the nation, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Web site.

The indictment alleges that 40 members of the Aryan Brotherhood committed 16 murders and several other violent acts in an attempt to control drug trafficking, gambling and extortion in the California and federal prison systems, according to U.S. Department of Justice officials.

A dozen ATF officers from New Haven searched 454 Thompson St. at about 6 a.m. on a federal warrant in connection with the case. None of the 40 alleged gang members indicted was from Connecticut; most were from California.

Dennis Turman of the ATF’s New Haven office said the local search was one of 80 done nationwide to support the indictments by California authorities.

“We were in Connecticut as part of an investigation we have,” said Latese Baker, public information officer for the ATF in Los Angeles. “We were very successful.”

–Associated Press