The state remained on high alert but was making no immediate changes in operations at airports or nuclear power plants after Monday’s plane crash in New York.

Bradley International Airport, the Millstone nuclear power station and other important facilities were already on the lookout for possible terrorism threats. There was no immediate indication of terrorism in the crash of American Airlines Flight 587, but New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani ordered major tunnels and bridges closed as a security precaution.

In Connecticut, Gov. John G. Rowland and emergency response officials were monitoring the situation, Rowland spokesman Dean Pagani said.

“We have not received any word from anyone to indicate this is anything other than a plane crash not related to terrorism,” Pagani said.

John Wiltse, director of the Office of Emergency Management, said Connecticut officials had received no requests from New York for assistance.

All metropolitan New York airports — Kennedy, La Guardia and Newark, N.J. — were closed after the crash, which took place in the Rockaway section of Queens.

Wiltse said the Federal Aviation Administration had issued no other orders that would affect Bradley.

Linda Moore from New Haven was scheduled to fly from Bradley to Phoenix on Northwest Airlines on Monday afternoon.

“Today I’m leaving warily, but I’m going, hoping the New York crash is not a terrorist attack,” she said. “It’s a terrible tragedy what happened.”

All Metro-North Railroad trains were running on time and on schedule, spokesman Dan Brucker said. He said the trains remained on schedule despite the bridge and tunnel closures in New York.

–Associated Press