Harvard 28, Penn 21

Harvard (8-0, 6-0 Ivy) guaranteed itself at least a share of the Ivy League title by defeating the Pennsylvania Quakers (7-1, 5-1) in Cambridge, Mass., Saturday. The game marked only the fifth matchup since 1910 of two Ivy teams with records of 7-0 or better.

The two teams were tied 14-14 in the third quarter when Harvard receiver Carl Morris caught a 62-yard touchdown pass with 6:57 to play in the quarter. Morris had nine catches for 155 yards and two touchdowns on the afternoon. He set several school records on the day, including the marks for receptions in a career (150), receptions in a season (66), and touchdowns in a season (10).

With 8:46 to play, Harvard quarterback Neil Rose gave his team a 14-point lead with his third touchdown pass of the day. Josh Staph caught the throw for a 30-yard touchdown. The score proved to be the nail in the coffin for the Quakers, who — despite a Gavin Hoffman to Rob Milanese 22-yard touchdown pass with 2:12 to play — could not mount a substantial comeback.

Brown 41, Dartmouth 16

Brown (5-3, 4-2) routed Dartmouth (1-7, 1-5) in Providence, R.I. The Bears took command early on two touchdown passes by quarterback Kyle Rowley in the first quarter. Rowley connected with Chas Gessner for a 35-yard touchdown and with tight end David Brookman for a 12-yard score.

Gessner, the leading scorer in Division I-AA, left the game in the third quarter with a back injury and did not return in the fourth.

The Bears headed into halftime with a 20-10 lead. Brown then thwarted any chance of a Big Green comeback when linebacker Uwa Airhiavbere recovered a fumble and ran it back for a 4-yard touchdown on the second play of the third quarter.

After a Mike Malan 5-yard touchdown run, the Bears went up 34-10. The Bears then sealed the victory when Michael Borgonzi ran 2 yards for a touchdown with 2:33 left to play in the game. The touchdown was the first career score for the Bears fullback.

Columbia 35, Cornell 28

For the first time in five years, the Columbia Lions (3-5, 3-3) won back-to-back road games by defeating Cornell (2-6, 2-4) in Ithaca, N.Y.

The game began inauspiciously for Columbia when Big Red defensive back Kevin Rooney picked off a throw by Lions quarterback Jeff McCall and ran it back for a 22-yard touchdown in the opening minutes. McCall bounced back quickly, however, finishing the day with 279 yards and two touchdowns on 22 completions.

The two teams headed into the fourth quarter tied 21-21. Columbia, however, then rolled off two more scores on a couple of Johnathan Reese touchdown runs. Reese ended the day with 140 yards on 29 carries.

With 5:47 left to play, Big Red quarterback Ricky Rahne found receiver Chad Nice in the end zone for an 8-yard score to put Cornell with a touchdown of the Lions. But the Columbia defense staved off the comeback attempt to help lead the Lions to their third win in their last four games.

–Caroline Nathan