FRIDAY

ISRAELI SHABBAT DINNER 37 Edgewood // 7:30 pm

Why is everything this weekend about food? Come to the Chabad House for a sampling of Middle Eastern delights. Shwarma! Falafel! Bring a “haver” (friend)!

AASA CULTURAL SHOW 2010: LORD OF THE AACC Sudler Hall // 7:00 pm

This year’s Asian-American Students Alliance show is “Lord of the Rings” themed. Something about a “quest to return the One Key to the Asian American Culture Center.” WEEKEND is down.

YCB PRESENTS: “PROJECTIONS: PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION” Woolsey Hall // 7:30 pm

The Yale Concert Band’s first concert of the season features music inspired or accompanied by art and graphics. Come hear the premiere of Stephen Feigenbaum’s ‘11 newest composition.

“HANDWRITING” Pierson-Davenport Theater // 8:00 pm

Former WEEKEND editor Jay Dockendorf’s ‘11 play — directed by funnyman Ethan Kuperberg ‘11 — wants to analyze your John Hancock. WEEKEND will be there (<3 WJD).

“ROLE PLAYS: AN EVENING OF ONE-ACT PLAYS” Nick Chapel // 8:00 pm

Two playwrights, one stage. You do the math.

MIKE POSNER IN CONCERT Toad’s Place // 9:00 pm

The former Spring Flinger brings his “Up in the Air” Tour to the ‘Have. We don’t know about you, but he is certainly not cooler than WEEKEND.

WYBC PRESENTS FOLKSTRAVAGANZA: PART TWO 216 Dwight // 9:00 pm

A night of music and square dancing at “The Cavity” with Laura Zax ‘10, Charles Zhu ‘11 + Sam Sullivan ‘13 and Thomas Wesley Stern. WYBC needs to back off and stop capitalizing everything, for serious. THAT’S OUR THING.

FENCE CLUB PRESENTS GETS THE GIRL Fence Club House // 10:00 pm

The band performs live at the frat house that’s totally not a frat house at all even a little bit.

SATURDAY

SIGMA CHI LATE NIGHT Sigma Chi House // 12:00 am

Chug! Chug! Chug! Responsibly.

“THE IMMATERIAL RENAISSANCE” Loria Center // 8:30 am

The wait is over, and the 2010 New England Renaissance Conference is finally here! Break out your pantaloons and brush up on your Golden Ratio. If last year’s jousting debacle is any indication, it’s sure to be a riot!

“YOUR DNA: SENSE OR NONSENSE” Davies Auditorium // 10:30 am

Sterling Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry Joan Steitz makes the genetic code understandable for children and Humanities majors in this installment of the “Science Saturdays” series.

VISA PHO NIGHT African-American Cultural Center // 5:00 pm

Vietnamese food in the Af-Am House? Pho real. All-you-can-eat chicken and vegetarian Vietnamese noodles, ice cream, fried bananas and iced coffee.

SOCIETY ELECTRONICA OPEN HOUSE Saybrook College Stone Courtyard // 5:30 pm

Come find out what this group of computer music enthusiasts is all about. Or, as they would put it, “01100010100111010.”

FALL SHOW Woolsey Hall // 7:30 pm

Sit back and relax as this week’s WEEKEND Backstage, Michael Ian Black, makes you pee your pants. Then change your pants, because that’s gross. Also, who pees their pants?

BOSSA NOVA APERITIVO Timothy Dwight A-20 // 9:00 pm

LASO and YEU join forces for a cultural bacchanalia: international + regional = kickass party. Plus, loads of internationals (sweet!).

AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL’S SECOND ANNUAL SOCIAL JUSTICE MIXER Saybrook J-21 // 10:30 pm

Meet and greet the people who love to save the world. Remember: good guys finish first!

SUNDAY

STORIES IN ART Yale University Art Gallery // 1:00 pm

A family program uses artistic creations as inspiration for narratives. No registration required! Who knew “Night Cafe” had so much to say?

YALE FARM WORKDAY Yale Farm // 1:00 pm

It’s easy to forget when you buy it from G-Heav and Alpha Delta, but a lot of food comes from the ground. Dig it.

ISO & NOURISH INTERNATIONAL COOK FRENCH CREPES Sillikitchen // 3:00 pm

Who doesn’t love crepes? Plus, Silliman’s may be the nicest residential college kitchen on campus. And it sounds like “silly kitchen.” Just saying.

HANDS OFF-HANDS ON Yale School of Art // 5:00 pm

A faculty invitational show of prints, drawings and works on paper. Now, you get the chance to judge your teachers’ work! Be harsh!

HOLLA-BACK VIDEO’S FIFTH ANNUAL HIP HOP AWARDS Toad’s Place // 6:00 pm

Go to Toad’s for something other than thinly veiled propositions for illicit activity!

SCREENING OF “THE STONING OF SORAYA M.” Whitney Humanities Center // 7:00 pm

The screening of the 2008 film about the complications of gender politics in Iran will be followed by Q&A with director Cyrus Nowraste.

SWING & BLUES DANCE PRACTICUM African-American Cultural Center // 8:00 pm

Party like it’s 1943 — hone your dance floor skills with Yale Swing & Blues. No experience or special shoes necessary, so come alone or bring a friend (but if you come alone, WEEKEND will secretly judge you).

LINDEN QUARTET IN CONCERT Sprague Hall // 8:00 pm

The Fellowship Quartet in Residence at the Yale School of Music plays a concert. It’s free, so bring a date and pretend you’re cultured.

PAPER DUE TOMORROW. SHIT! SHIT!! Your workplace of choice // 11:00 pm

You told yourself you wouldn’t let this happen again! Next time, you’ll get started with more time to spare–you know, make an outline and stuff. For tonight, it doesn’t look like you’ll be sleeping, kiddo.