University | 5:04 pm | October 17, 2012 | By Jessica Hallam

‘Wilma Dickfit’ to visit campus, allegedly

Pundits strike again with fake Master's Tea for "Wilma Dickfit."
Pundits strike again with fake Master's Tea for "Wilma Dickfit." Photo by Daniel Sisgoreo.

Yale is plastered — literally — with sex.

The Pundits (?) have taken to the walls of Yale with massive displays of innuendo. On Wednesday afternoon, a poster for a Saybrook Master’s Tea with “Wilma Dickfit” (will it?) — alleged author of “Let’s Find Out The Hard Way” — appeared on entryways and bulletin boards across campus.

Pundits strike again with fake Master's Tea for

For some, the general “that’s what she said” nature of the posters fits perfectly into the stress-laden midterm week, providing a welcome giggle in a time of academic turmoil and period to forget that grades exist. For certain Yalies, the overload of innuendo may be just the thing that brightens a gloomy, test-ridden day.

But for others, the posters may not be such a laughing matter. In light of the recent scrutiny on the University’s sexual climate — the Department of Education just ended its Title IX investigation into Yale last summer — this poster may be yet another example of the campus’s troublingly light-hearted attitudes toward sex.

Read the text of the full promotional poster below:

Join Wilma Dickfit in discussing the release of her big new hardcover. Dickfit hopes her work will encourage independent thought and action; she hopes to inspire well-intentioned amateurism and creativity. Dickfit said it’s “totally cool” if you cannot attend, but please RSVP no.

Refreshments will be covered by your tuition.