University | 11:20 am | January 19, 2012 | By Tapley Stephenson

Yale scientist suggests “G-spot” isn’t real

Edouard Manet's "A Bar at the Folies-Bergère."
Edouard Manet's "A Bar at the Folies-Bergère." Photo by Wikimedia Commons.

Yale urologist Amichai Kilchevsky published a study in the Jan. 12 issue of the Journal of Sexual Medicine suggesting that the fabled “G-spot,” the erogenous zone inside the vagina purported to provide intense pleasure during intercourse, does not exist.

To find evidence of the G-spot, Kilchevsky ran a search of published work between 1950 and 2011 using keywords like G-spot, Gräfenberg spot, female orgasm, female erogenous zone and others that are less safe for work.

“Objective measures have failed to provide strong and consistent evidence for the existence of an anatomical site that could be related to the famed G-spot,” Kilchevsky wrote.

Such objective measures, the study notes, have included everything from “digital stimulation” to MRI scans over the past decade. Kilchevsky notes that “modern investigative techniques” may provide more evidence in the future. The study claims the majority of women believe in the G-spot, which Kilchevsky said is thanks to a myth perpetuated by the porn industry and the public media.

“My view is that the G-spot is really just the extension of the clitoris on the inside of the vagina, analogous to the base of the male penis,” Kilchevsky said in the report.

• ihaveahammer

> “My view is that the G-spot is really
    > just the extension of the clitoris on
    > the inside of the vagina…”

Does anyone say differently? The G-spot is obviously a thing—plenty of clitoris-owners and the people who love them know that. Clarifying that it’s part of the same organ as the external clitoris is not the same as proving it’s “not real.”the inside of the vagina”

• penny_lane

Most of the women I know either admit that they don’t believe in the G-spot or wonder why they can’t find theirs.

My subjective experience is that while stimulation of various areas inside the vagina can produce pleasurable sensations of different types, there’s nothing in there that can match the clitoris in the potential for sexual enjoyment.

Sounds like arguments for the existence of God. If you believe in it, it exists. If you don’t it doesn’t.

“Objective measures have failed to provide strong and consistent evidence for the existence of a theological reality that could be related to the famed G-word,”

PK

M. Div. ’80

• Goldie08

I needed a shower after reading virtualguy’s comment.

• River_Tam

ITT: Men talking about something they know nothing about.

• Pingback: Google

• Pingback: wordpress magazine themes

• Pingback: get free iphone5

• Pingback: Sales Enchancement

• Pingback: casino bonus 2 deposit category codes

• Pingback: http://kasynobezdepozytu.tumblr.com

• Pingback: holistic dentist san diego

• Pingback: free original music download

• Pingback: lavorare da casa con internet yahoo

• Pingback: casino bonus uten innskudd

• Pingback: Digital Publishing Blueprint