University President Richard Levin will hold a joint press conference with U.S. Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus tomorrow at 3 p.m., the Office of Public Affairs and Communications announced earlier today in a media advisory.

Reached by phone Wednesday afternoon, Levin declined to comment on tomorrow’s announcement and whether it relates to the University’s negotiations with the military to bring a unit of the Reserve Officer’s Training Corps back to campus. Since the December 2010 repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” — the policy prohibiting gay and lesbian members of the military from serving openly — the University has been in discussions with leaders of the armed forces about bringing an ROTC unit back to campus.

On May 5, the Yale faculty voted to amend four resolutions restricting ROTC adopted when ROTC left campus in 1969. Changing the 1969 resolutions enabled University officials to negotiate with the military for the program’s return, Yale College Dean Mary Miller told the News in May.

Engineering Professor Gary Haller, who chaired the Faculty Committee on ROTC that recommended the changes, also declined to comment on tomorrow’s press conference.

The news conference tomorrow will be held in the Corporation Room of Woodbridge Hall.