Uncategorized | 12:44 am | April 26, 2011 | By Max de la Bruyere

Apple searches for New Haven employees

Apple is looking for retail employees for a store in New Haven.

A job posting on the technology company’s website lists a location in New Haven, but does not specify a precise location for the store. It does, however, list a 06511 Zip code. That area includes much of New Haven and most of Yale’s campus.

Though the website does not reveal any more precise locations, there has been speculation recently that Apple would move into the Broadway site recently vacated by the Yale Barnes & Noble Bookstore.

An Apple spokeswoman confirmed the job postings to the New Haven Independent, but said that the company had “made no announcement” about the location of the store.

Workers on the site, however, confirmed on Monday that they were building an Apple Store.

Shawmut Design and Construction, the company currently coordinating work at the former Barnes & Noble site, has built over 150 Apple stores across the country, according to the company website. That work includes some of Apple’s flagship stores in New York City.

Shawmut has done projects for Yale in the past, including a chiller plant at Science Park at which a steel beam collapsed in September and killed a worker.

Correction: April 26, 2011

An earlier version of this article mistakenly said that workers on the site confirmed that they were building an Apple Store Tuesday. They in fact did so Monday. Additionally, an earlier version of this article misstated the location of a past accident at a Shawmut construction site. The steel beam fell at Science Park, not West Campus.

• CX

“Workers on the site, however, confirmed on Tuesday that they were building an Apple Store.”

It is currently 1:21 AM on Tuesday, did you really go talk to them less than 90 minutes ago?

• rmbonds

The accident last September in which a steel beam collapsed happened at Science Park, not the West Campus.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/news/2010/sep/14/four-workers-injured-in-accident-at-yale/

• Zac410

I live in New Haven and will still drive to Milford for the quality and customer service Technology Revealed has given me even when the Apple Store opens. I would highly recommend bringing any Mac desktop and notebook repairs to an established firm like TR. They have repair technicians that have been doing repairs longer than the kids at the Apple Store Genius Bars have been alive. They also have a team of on-site engineers that offer server/software/desktop support. Just my two cents.