This is a regular feature that takes a look at what’s going on at other schools in the Ivy League.

Harvard University

After Natalie Portman’s win at last week’s Academy Awards for best actress, the Harvard Crimson questioned the professors who taught the Hollywood actress while she studied psychology at Harvard. Portman took classes including “Neuropsychology and the Law” and received an A+ on her paper on new methods of lie detection.

Princeton University

Want to know what it’s like to be prez? William G. Bowen, former president of Princeton University, has recently published a book titled “Lessons Learned: Reflections of a University President.” He describes it as an “account of lessons from in and around the presidents’ offices” and includes advice like “plan carefully, executive rapidly.”

Columbia University

Columbia students thinking of pledging Pi Kappa Alpha, PsiU and AEPi may want to start looking elsewhere, as these three fraternities may soon lose their brownstones. Following the New York Police Department drug bust involving five university students (four of whom were in fraternities), Columbia administrative officials announced that they will review these chapters’ programming and community service records before making a final decision.

Dartmouth College

Beginning in fall 2011, Dartmouth dining halls will feature a new pay-per-meal dining plan allowing students to either swipe their Dartmouth ID cards for an all-you-can-eat style meal at the Class of 1953 Commons or use their Declining Balance Account at any other dining hall. Although freshmen will be required to purchase the 20-meals-per week plan, upperclassmen can choose between 20, 14, 10 and five meals per week.

University of Pennsylvania

Philanthropy has never been so easy. On Wednesday, the Orthodox Community at Penn hosted a “Manicure for the Cure,” offering student manicures for $15 that including a gift bag with OPI nail polish, breast cancer awareness information and other goodies. This “Salon with a Cause” raised about $3000 for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure and Sharsheret, a Jewish breast cancer organization.

Brown University

The Brown Bookstore has decided to install alarms on all laptops in order to prevent computer theft, a new declaration announced after three notebook computers were stolen from the store in the past month. Although the thief has not yet been found, director of the Brown Bokostore Steven Souza found screenshots of the man’s face from store security cameras and have handed over the photos to the Providence Police Department.

Cornell University

Cornell University temporarily suspended Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity on Tuesday following the death of George Desdunes ’13 last Friday morning. According to University officials, the alcohol involved in the incident likely violated Cornell’s recognition policy for fraternities. SAE will be temporarily prohibited from hosting social events and engaging in initiation activities.