At the recommendation of Ludacris, the Ying Yang Twins stayed in the Branford College guest suite for Spring Fling. Ludacris, who performed at Yale’s 2006 Spring Fling and gave a Master’s Tea for Branford students last spring, has developed a good rapport with Branford Master Steven Smith.

The Crouch quadruplets from Danbury, Conn., have all committed to attend Yale this coming fall, Dean of Undergraduate Admissions Jeff Brenzel confirmed Wednesday afternoon. “They have sent us their matriculation decisions, and we’re thrilled they are coming!” he said in an e-mail.

Harkness Tower has finally emerged from the very last pieces of scaffolding, and the High Street sidewalk has reopened.

The girls of Pi Phi beat the men’s lightweight crew team in the final round of the wing-eating contest held at Buffalo Wild Wings on Wednesday.

Former Bulldogs football coach Jack Siedlecki, who stepped down after the 2008 season, has accepted a job coaching Wesleyan’s football program, bringing along two of his Yale assistants, as well as tackler and captain Bobby Abare ’09.

As Yale’s West Campus continues to grow, administrators are also working to expand its on the Web. A new website aimed at strengthening the connection between the West Campus and Yale’s main campus launched on Wednesday, featuring 42 half-minute video vignettes meant to allow site users to become familiar with the faces behind the scientific research and art conservation taking place on the West Campus.

While Yale students partied themselves into oblivion at Spring Fling on Tuesday, University President Richard Levin was in Washington debating the health of higher education. The debate, sponsored by the Miller Center of Public Affairs at the University of Virginia, sought to address whether the current business model for University funding is effective. In the past three decades, state funding for higher education has shrunk, and students have been responsible for higher and higher tuition prices.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1952 A poll surveying student political beliefs reveals that 86 percent of students agreed with their families’ political leanings — and most Yalies were Republicans.

Correction: April 29, 2010

An earlier version of this article misreported when rapper Ludacris gave a Master’s Tea in Branford College. It was in the spring of 2009, not the fall.