US News & World Report released its 2010 graduate schools rankings Thursday. Yale Law took the top spot followed by Harvard, Stanford and Columbia, all of which received the same rankings as last year. SOM fell to 11th place, and the School of Medicine was in a four-way tie for sixth place.

“American Pie” actress Tara Reid mispronounced “relay” in her YouTube endorsement of Yale’s Relay for Life program. She joined Brian Williams, Sugar Ray Leonard, Vinny Guadagnino and Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington in encouraging viewers to donate at beatharvard.com.

Dogs hate cancer, too. Relay for Life also enlisted man’s best friend to help publicize the event this coming weekend. A golden retriever named Jack was available to play with students on Cross Campus on Thursday afternoon.

Movin’ on up? A U-Haul van filled with current and future members of an undisclosed society was pulled over by two police cars in front of Payne Whitney Gymnasium on Thursday night. The truck’s occupants emerged wearing shirts that read “balls to the wall.”

Speaking of secret societies, a front-page article in Thursday’s Wall Street Journal listed the tomb of Skull and Bones among the rumored resting places of the missing skull of Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa.

Senior members of the the women’s softball team mourned the loss of their tandem bicycle “Daisy” on Thursday. Daisy met an unfortunate end after DKE brother Eric Senn ’10 borrowed it to pick up his date Charlotte Parker ’13.

Yale is not alone with an expanded waiting list. Top-tier colleges such as Duke, MIT and Dartmouth have all swelled their waiting list pools amid the surge in applications and growing uncertainty among admissions officers about which admitted students will matriculate.

Spammer makes a splash. In an e-mail publicizing John Davenport Day’s dunk tank, DCC Rep. Jimmy Murphy ’13 offered Dporters one throw for every e-mail he sent them this semester. Averaging two e-mails per day, Murphy immediately retracted his offer, saying “JUST KIDDING. I would die.” No kidding.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1928 A student writes to the Chairman of the News requesting that a coat check be installed in Commons after he had lost a fur coat and three felt hats in the dining hall. He noted that 14 fur coats had been stolen on campus in the previous two weeks.

Correction: April 18, 2010

An earlier version of this article misstated the School of Management’s ranking in US News and World Report. It ranked 11th, not 10th.