September 10th, 2009 | Uncategorized

Missing student wrote article about staying safe in New Haven

No caption.
No caption. Photo by Esther Zuckerman.

It turns out that the missing graduate student wrote an article in a School of Medicine magazine in February about — of all things — staying safe in New Haven.

Annie Le’s GRD ’13 article for B Magazine, a publication of the School of Medicine’s Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences, was titled “Crime and Safety in New Haven.” The piece included an interview with Yale Police Department Chief James Perrotti, who gave advice to students on how to stay safe at Yale. Among Perrotti’s pointers were “pay attention to where you are,” “avoid portraying yourself as a potential victim” and “walk with a purpose.”

Given Le’s unknown whereabouts, the last sentence of her article stands out as particularly haunting. “In short, New Haven is a city,” she wrote, “and all cities have their perils, but with a little street smarts, one can avoid becoming yet another statistic.”

• gambol

Fiance did it.

• gjn

cleaning guy did it, or someone,that had access to theinside

• Med Student

I’m very sad she’s missing, but it’s worth pointing out that the “safety” article is mostly inaccurate, and neglects to even mention what is by far the greatest safety risk to students: being hit by a motor vehicle.

• Najo

I am a Pro Psychic. If this helps any this Missing Yale student Ms. Le is alive
    I have a visiion of her leaving in a Deep Blue Chev C20 Van possibly 1991/92 with a tall, slim 30’ish Oriental Man driving East.
    sagacity37@yahoo.com

• LadySpringBunny

Somebody really had it out for her. Someones jealousy and controling behavior turned into rage. It appears to be someone that at least knew her or maybe it was a random act of violence. But, taking into consideration the victim wrote an article just a year ago about safety it looks like an inside job.