Baby bulldogs descend upon campus today. The hectic, three-day rush event known as Bulldog Days takes place from 2 p.m. until the same time Thursday. Although difficult to imagine, there really are several hundred potential newcomers who have never heard of Toad’s, go to bed before midnight and who are not of voting age for the ongoing Yale College Council elections.

Global warming might be real, but divestment is not. A prank email sent to members of campus yesterday declared the University had decided to divest from fossil fuels. The message described a ten-year plan to shift away from oil, coal and gas companies and create a full-time position dedicated to evaluation social and environmental impact. Administrators confirmed the announcement was a hoax.

Nerd Alert. Yale News released a piece yesterday documenting a conference of emergency medicine practitioners that took place at the Omni in late March. The article was titled “NERDS rule at Yale” in reference to the attendees who were New England Research Directors of the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine.  “One of my residents, a first-time attendee, said it best, ‘I love being a NERD!” said James Feldman, research director at Boston Medical Center.

Bar and cars. According to USA Today, happy hour may soon become more convenient for New Haven Line Metro-North commuters. Metro-North has hired a consulting company for $1.1 million to design a retro-fitted M-8 car, and one feature that might be returning is the bar cafe car. For now however, travelers must make the most of their journey home by downing a few before boarding.

Wearing the White Hat. Dartmouth’s 2014 commencement speech will be delivered by TV producer and Class of 1991 alumni Shonda Rhimes. Rhimes is the creator, head writer and executive producer of “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Private Practice” as well as the political drama “Scandal.” At Dartmouth, she studied English literature and creative writing.

Well-versed. The New Haven school district is holding two citywide poetry jams this week, one for middle school students and another for high school students. Around 75 to 100 students will perform total by the end of the week.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY April 22 1932 Yale Harvard debaters hold an annual debate with the topic of Hoover’s re-election.

Submit tips to Cross Campus crosscampus@yaledailynews.com

YALE DAILY NEWS