Both the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams came home with victories from this past weekend’s meet against Brown. The men scored 175 points to the Bears’ 125, and the women came from behind to win 156–144. As the last meet for some of the teams’ seniors, the victories gave the end of the regular season a sweet finish.

“It was great for [the senior class] to go out with a team win and some good individual swims as well,” Courtney Randolph ’14 said.

In the first event for the women, the 400-yard medley relay, the freshman-heavy “A” team of Michelle Chintanaphol ’17, MacKenzie Franklin ’17, Sydney Hirschi ’17 and Ali Stephens-Pickeral ’16 took second place. Eva Fabian ’16 brought in the Bulldogs’ first win in the 1000-yard freestyle. Kina Zhou ’17 and Chintanaphol followed with second-place finishes in the 200-yard freestyle and 100-yard backstroke, respectively. Senior Angela Lee ’14 finished fifth in the 100-yard backstroke, while classmate Chelsea Dunlap ’14 came in one spot back in sixth. Yale then returned to the podium with a win by Hirschi in the 200-yard butterfly. Isla Hutchinson-Maddox ’17 finished just over a second behind her to take second place for the Bulldogs.

Zhou earned the Elis points with two victories in the 50-yard freestyle and 100-yard freestyle. Two more second-place finishes followed: one from Chintanaphol in the 200-yard backstroke and another from Stephens-Pickeral in the 200-yard breaststroke. Fabian brought in another win with the 500-yard freestyle and Olivia Jameson ’17 added points by finishing in third. Hirschi then pulled in a win with a time of 55.54 in the 100-yard butterfly. For the final event, the 400-yard freestyle relay, Franklin, Hirschi, Zhou and Anna Wujciak ’17 won with a time of 3:25.36.

On the diving side, Lilybet McRae ’17 blew the competition away with wins in the 1-meter and 3-meter dives. Olivia Grinker ’16 and Kelly Sherman ’16 tied for third in the 1-meter and Grinker took third in the 3-meter as well.

The women said they wanted to beat Brown, but they were also using the meet as an opportunity to get ready for the Ivy League Championships.

“It was especially helpful that [the meet] was at Brown, which is where Ivies will be in two weeks,” Zhou said.

The men kept their eye on the Ivies as well. Senior Tyler Pramer ’14 said the team used the meet to see what they need to accomplish before the Ivies begin.

The men’s swimming and diving team started the day with a second-place finish in the 200-yard medley relay, with a team comprised of Mike Lazris ’15, Alwin Firmansyah ’15, Andrew Heymann ’15 and Oscar Miao ’17. Ben Lerude ’17 brought in the first win on the day in the 1000-yard freestyle, with a time of 9:18.92. Rob Harder ’15 and Victor Zhang ’16 finished in first and second, respectively, in the 200-yard freestyle, less than a second ahead of the third-place finisher from Brown. Lazris brought in points with a second-place finish in the 100-yard backstroke, as did Ronald Tsui ’15 with a third-place finish in the 100-yard breaststroke.

Brown took wins in the 50-yard freestyle and 100-yard freestyle, putting pressure on the Bulldogs. Harder then won the 200-yard backstroke, while Heymann finished first in the 200-yard breaststroke, helping the Elis to pull ahead. Sophomore Brian Hogan ’16 won the 500-yard freestyle with teammate Lerude less than a second behind in second place. Firmansyah won the 100-yard butterfly and Heymann pulled out yet another win in the 200-yard IM for the last individual event. The final swimming event, the 200-yard freestyle relay, resulted in a Bulldog victory with Aaron Greenberg ’17, Miao, Harder and Zhang taking first.

Pramer finished first in both the 1-meter and 3-meter dives, while James McNelis ’16 took third in the 3-meter dive.

The meet was the final regular season meet for the men’s swimming and diving team as well.

“There was a lot of emotion from the seniors, especially those who will not be swimming or diving at the Championships,” Pramer said. “It was a time to celebrate the end of their careers and all that they have contributed to the program.”

The women will compete at the Ivy League Championship at Brown starting Feb. 20, while the men will fight for the Ivy crown at Harvard beginning Feb. 27.