Yale University administrators are embarking on an effort to improve student mental health services, according to an email sent out Thursday night by a group of administrators and student representatives to all Yale students.

The announcement comes after the release of two mental health reports, one by the Yale College Council and the other by the Graduate Student Assembly and Graduate and Professional Student Senate. Yale administrators wrote that they will be following up on report recommendations, such as revamping the Mental Health & Counseling website to make information more accessible.

“Although many helpful resources exist for students dealing with mental health issues, we believe that awareness about and access to those resources needs improvement,” the email stated.

Dean of Yale College Mary Miller, Secretary and Vice President for Student Life Kimberly Goff-Crews, Chief Psychiatrist at Yale Health Lorraine Siggins, YCC President Danny Avraham ’15, GSAS Chair Brian Dunican GRD ’15 and GPSS President Steven Reilly GRD ’15 co-signed the letter.

The email also acknowledged a university culture that encourages students to hide vulnerability.

“This expectation is not realistic and not healthy,” the email read.

According to the YCC Mental Health Report, approximately 40% of undergraduates have used Mental Health & Counseling services at Yale.

HANNAH SCHWARZ