It was a Happy New Year for composer Stephen Feigenbaum MUS ’13, director Charlie Polinger ’13 and playwright Matthew George ’11. On New Year’s Eve, the three reached their Kickstarter fundraising goal of $15,000 to push forward an experimental classical-music theater show that will go up this February.

The Kickstarter campaign raised $15,773 with 187 backers. The show — which was inspired by acts such as Stomp, Blue Man Group and Cirque du Soleil — aims to dramatize classical music to revitalize its live performance and explore its relationships to other performing arts, including theater and dance. Titled “Abyss,” the show will recount the story of the apocalypse with an ensemble of musicians, dancers and actors.

Donors will receive gifts for their generosity, including dinner for pledges of $500 or more, an original song using the names of donors of $200 or more, signed copies of the show’s scripts and musical scores for $75 or more and an apocalyptic-themed voicemail for donors of $30 or more. The money will go to renting the performance space in or near downtown New Haven, collecting materials to integrate the various media, obtaining a professional sound system and designing the set.

The hourlong show will have eight to 10 performances in late February.