Yale and CT at the DNC. Gov. Dannel Malloy will take the stage at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte today at 6:45 p.m. — just a few hours before former president Bill Clinton LAW ’73 takes the stage tonight to speak in support of President Barack Obama.

Also at the DNC. Jack Schlossberg ’15, a descendant of President John F. Kennedy, is also in Charlotte reporting for CNN on “what young Democrats are buzzing about” at the DNC. Schlossberg’s first piece during the convention ran Tuesday night.

One more. U.S. Rep. Rosa DeLauro, who represents New Haven in Congress, took the stage at 7:25 p.m. Tuesday along with a number of women members of the House of Representatives, urging women to support Obama.

In other news, the menu for the downtown New Haven Shake Shack is now online. It features Yale-themed items, including “The Handsome Dog” hot dog, “Boola Boola Blue” blueberry-lemon frozen custard, and “Skull and Cones” chocolate, vanilla and peanut butter custard. Shake Shack is scheduled to open later this month.

Could it happen here? News broke last week that Harvard’s Administrative Board is investigating 125 undergraduates for cheating on a take-home final exam in a government class. On Tuesday, Zara Kessler ’12 published a column in Bloomberg View arguing that universities should mandate in-class, closed-book final exams to avoid the lack of clarity about what is and is not allowed on open-book finals that may have led to cheating at Harvard.

We have a winner. Bruce Alexander ’65, the University’s vice president for New Haven and state affairs, was honored in August with a Communiversity Award from the Board of Aldermen’s Black and Hispanic Caucus for his work on the Jobs Pipeline Committee, which helps New Haven’s unemployed and underemployed get job training.

Important business in AKW. In between birthing future Facebooks, students in Yale’s Computer Science Department will meet with faculty today to discuss what espresso machine to purchase for the building’s kitchen, and how to manage its use.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 1946 Police Chief Henry P. Clark tells student drivers to stop parking on the streets, saying that patrolmen will increase distribution of tickets as students continue to park without paying a meter. Clark says disregard of a summons can lead to “a warrant, and forthwith arrest.”