Just in case Fairfield County was short on cash, three executives at a Greenwich investment firm have won a $254 million jackpot in a Powerball lottery, the Associated Press reported this week.

When Tim Davidson bought a $1 Powerball ticket at a Stamford gas station on November 1, he and his co-workers probably didn’t expect anything to come out of it. Indeed, the odds of winning were one in 195,249,054. But on Monday, 27 days later, the three men have come forward to claim their cash.

Rather than making extravagant purchases, Davidson and his partners Greg Skidmore and Brandon Lacoff have set up a trust for their winnings — which amounts to $103,586,824.51 after taxes. A portion of this sum will go to Connecticut charities, including $1 million to benefit organizations that aid veterans.

But there has been some controversy over whether these men are the real winners of the lottery. Two Connecticut residents, one an anonymous neighbor and the other Thomas Gladstone, who said he knows the Lacoffs well, have told the media that the real winner wants to remain anonymous, and that the trust was established to protect his identity.

Representatives for the trust, however, said that there is no anonymous fourth person involved.

The winning digits were 12, 14, 34, 39 and 46, and the Powerball number was 36.