Tray wars. Another tray-supporting sign appeared in the Davenport dining hall Monday. “Every tray you use saves an American job and also a starving child in sub-saharan Africa for the love of God man use a tray.”

Former Mexican president Ernesto Zedillo GRD ’81, who serves as the director of the Yale Center for the Study of Globalization and as a professor at Yale, was charged with war crimes in a suit filed Friday. The plaintiffs include family and survivors of the Acteal Massacre in 1997. In an email to the News, Zedillo called the allegations “false but also calumnious,” adding that he will respond to the accusations in a legal setting.

Torts, contracts and finger painting? Yale Law School will host a “Law and Finger Painting” event today from 6-8 p.m.

And they’re off. Former World Wrestling Entertainment CEO Linda McMahon will start her campaign for Sen. Joe Lieberman’s ’64 LAW ’67 seat today in Southington, a statement released today said, the Associated Press reported.

Clipping. A new Yale student start-up, CrowdQuest @ Yale, launched Monday morning. Modeled on Groupon, CrowdQuest advertises savings opportunities on their website. The featured discount for the next two weeks is at Bangkok Gardens.

Irene revisited. Executives from Connecticut’s two major power suppliers testified before lawmakers in Hartford Monday, as the state evaluated its preparedness and response to Tropical Storm Irene. In late August, the storm caused nearly 800,000 power outages, the worst in state history.

YouTube celeb and alum Sam Tsui ’11 is the “digital correspondent” appearing in webisodes for NBC’s series “The Sing-Off.” In one he sings a medley of the judges’ songs, including Ben Folds’ “Gone,” which Tsui also performed as a member of the Duke’s Men. The show, which features a group including Kevin Olusola ’11, premiered Monday night.

Party. Senior Class Secretary Kevin Adkisson ’12 and Class Treasurer Ben Schenkel ’12 solicited applications for Senior Class Council in an email Monday. “You can either freak out, or you can share in making this year awesome,” they wrote.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1880 The Carll Opera House opens with vestibules crowded with “fashion and a representative New Haven audience, but Yale was decidedly in the minority.”

YALE DAILY NEWS