Yale Athletics named its annual bone marrow registry drive after Mandi Schwartz ’11, who has battled leukemia since December 2008. This year, the Mandi Schwartz Marrow Donor Registry Drive will be held in Commons April 21.

Police may soon make an arrest in the muder of Mitchell Dubey, service manager at the Devil’s Gear Bike Shop in Newhallville. New Haven Police Department Chief Frank Limon told the News Wednesday night that the department would announce new developments in the case today.­

English 127 hours. James Franco GRD ’16 surprised a Wednesday English 115 section — Extreme Survival — to talk about his film “127 Hours,” which the class had watched the night before.

Yale Law School Professor Akhil Amar told his Constitutional Law class Wednesday he thinks Calhoun College should be renamed “Calhoun Frederick Douglass.”

The New Haven Police Department’s narcotics squad seized more than 1,000 packets of heroin, 36 packets of crack-cocaine and $3,183 in cash on Whalley Avenue as part of two investigations that resulted in five arrests Tuesday, the New Haven Register reported.

Heading to the professionals. Men’s hockey forward Jeff Anderson ’11 is passing up opportunities to play professional hockey to take a job at JPMorgan Chase & Co. next year, Bloomberg reported.

Although the library normally receives a digital copy of the New York Times, a technical glitch has blocked electronic delivery of all image editions since the paper instituted its paywall Monday. A representative from the company that provides Yale with the Times’ online image edition said he hopes the glitch will be fixed Thursday.

New Haven County was deemed the unhealthiest county in Connecticut in the 2011 County Health Rankings by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute.

The Sophomore Formal at Alchemy Nightclub set to take place Friday was cancelled Wednesday night. Sophomore Class Council President Omar Njie ’13 said the measure was due to “logistical reasons.” In lieu of the Formal, Njie added, an outdoor event will be hosted later in the spring.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY

1968 Students gather in celebration and song on Old Campus and the New Haven Green after President Lyndon B. Johnson announces he would not run for another term.

YALE DAILY NEWS