Letter: In support of Yale’s pharmacy

In the report about the new Yale Health pharmacy (“Pharmacy move halts work,” Oct. 28), the article states that “some customers have faced waits of more than two hours, up from an average of 20 to 30 minutes at the old location.” I have been a member of the Yale Health Plan for nearly eight years, and throughout that time I never had to wait in line for more than three or four minutes to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy on Hillhouse Avenue. I have also used the new pharmacy at 55 Lock St. three times since it opened two months ago and have never waited for more than five minutes, maximum. You go on to report certain complaints about staff efficiency and I am equally skeptical about those. I have never formed an impression other than that the staff of the pharmacy is prompt, professional, dedicated, courteous and highly effective in successfully delivering to members thousands upon thousands of prescriptions for medication every week, and with creditable dispatch.

Angus Trumble

Oct. 28

The writer is Senior Curator of Paintings and Sculpture at the Yale Center for British Art.

• Yale12

What is the point of this letter? So you only waited a few minutes. I waited 45.

• River Tam

> I have also used the new pharmacy at 55 Lock St. three times since it opened two months ago and have never waited for more than five minutes, maximum

Cool story.

• mrmike527

I waited two hours. The service there was terrible.

• wakecup

I have never waited more than 10 minutes to get the wrong medication or to be told that it is on the system but has not been “filled” yet. This by the way, 3 days after the doctor placed the prescription.

They’re useless.