Med school prof battles HIV in Eastern Europe

Yale researchers are tackling the burgeoning HIV epidemic in Eastern Europe.

School of Medicine professor Frederick L. Altice and his research team received a $4.2 million grant this month from the National Institutes on Drug Abuse to conduct studies on the HIV epidemic within the Ukraine and other Eastern European criminal justice systems. Medical researchers and criminal justice partners will collaborate on the proposed research program, dubbed PRIDE (Prison-related Research, Intervention Development and Evaluation), to decrease HIV-related mortality and the concentration of other infectious diseases within the criminal justice system. While Ukraine is home to one of the most volatile HIV epidemics in the world, researchers said that not enough work is being done to combat the issue.

School of Medicine professor Frederick L. Altice and his colleagues on their most recent visit to Ukraine to study HIV.

According to the study’s project summary, the HIV epidemic has reached an explosive level in Ukraine, due to the prevalence of injection drug abuse and the high incarceration of drug users. Altice’s team has invoked the collaboration of both the medical and legal worlds.

“There has been little leverage of research looking at the criminal justice system to put more than a Band-Aid on the burgeoning HIV epidemic issues,” Altice said.

With the assistance of collaborators in Kazakhstan and Georgia, the study seeks strategies to reduce HIV transmission within prisons and to meet pre-release needs of prisoners with HIV, tuberculosis or drug addictions. The international team composed of medical and legal professionals aims to incorporate behavioral interventions, administer therapy to prisoners during incarceration and aid prisoners with the transition back into the community once their sentence is over.

But this research has a different focus than other HIV studies because of the underserved population it targets, said Ukrainian lead investigator and citizen Sergey Dvoriak.

“This research is addressing a completely different population,” Dvoriak said. “The prisoners have no access to regular medical help or education of the problems. They have no experience for how to work with American researchers.”

Dvoriak, who described the prisoners as stigmatized, discriminated against, and receiving no attention from the Ukrainian government, said they trust Americans and hope that the medical researchers have their best interests at heart. The prisoners are a very dangerous yet vulnerable group, he said.

Although they have plans to help curb the country’s HIV epidemic, the research team is not expecting financial support from the Ukrainian government.

“Our authority is mostly very poor,” Dvoriak said. “We need to convince them that it will be helpful for the system, for the country, and for them.”

The United States’ public policy on the prevention of HIV transmission at least acknowledges the urgency of actively addressing the epidemic, said Connecticut lawyer and member of the research team Michael Lawlor. Recognizing and accepting that there is an issue that needs to be addressed will make the preventative efforts more effective, he said.

With experience in public policy as a member of the Connecticut State House of Representatives covering East Haven, Lawlor will serve as a consultant of the team as it navigates the complicated intersection of public health and criminal justice, he said.

“The AIDS epidemic is a huge problem globally, and you can identify areas where not enough is being done to prevent it,” Lawlor said.

Altice, whose research is grounded in human rights and social responsibility, has been working in Ukraine since 2005 and has also worked in Russia, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Iran on previous projects.

“We are a global entity,” Altice said. “Yale is on board with the notion that these sorts of connections that were previously hindered by borders are no longer there.”

The lessons learned abroad also form an important part of the research, Altice said, because making important discoveries elsewhere will provide us with research tools to address domestic issues.

Ukraine was identified by the United States Agency for International Development in 2006 as a contributor to nearly 21 percent of reported HIV diagnoses in Europe and Eurasia.

• Apostleshadamishe

THE CURE for HIV/AIDS…….AMBUSH

THE IDEA that AMBUSH cures AIDS
    is being proven by the more than 400 individuals who have taken a dose of 60 ml three times daily for 21 days. The result is that AMBUSH ‘KILLS’ the virus by causing the protein envelope to rupture and the viral particles are discarded by the white blood cells. AMBUSH is able to ‘KILL’ the virus that are ‘hiding’ in the lymph system by its ‘natural radioactive’ properties.
    What is AMBUSH ?
    AMBUSH is a radioactive isotope of uranium that is found in the ‘palm’ plant of which there are more than 3000 species. When ingested, AMBUSH causes the body temperature in the trunk area to rise to about 102 degrees when the individual is sleeping. The preparation takes four hours per batch, which is then given to the individuals for consumption 60 ml three times daily for 21 days.
    RESULTS:
    After 21 days on AMBUSH, ALL the individuals experienced a decrease in viral load to undetectable, an increase in cd4, increase in RBC, an improvement in general health such as more color to the face, decrease in Buffalo hump, an increase in gluteal muscles, a decrease to having no joint pains whereby individuals can bend to touch their toes, and walk up steps are but a few examples. There is also a dramatic increase in their sexual appetite beginning after the first week of therapy

DISCUSSION:
    I

The PROOF of what I am saying is found in scientific papers wherein it is found that when the protease cuts the viral strands, it cuts it at DIFFERENT lengths EVERY time, to which it should always be a valine at the end but is a different amino acid every time. This is why it is IMPOSSIBLE to produce a VACCINE.

Since this is NOT a hypothesis but there are about 400 individuals who have taken AMBUSH, here lies a vast area in which to check, recheck and confirm that AMBUSH CURES AIDS. Let it be mentioned that during the HIV reproductive cycle, reverse transcriptase converts viral RNA into DNA compatible to human genetic materials. Thus the human DNA has been ‘hijacked’ and since each person has a DIFFERENT DNA, then the new viral copy is unique to that person which shows that each individual has a DIFFERENT STRAIN of the virus.

Finally, if this is accepted or not, believed or not, THE LORD GOD always wins and this is the heavenly truth to which AMBUSH was divinely given to mankind for the CURE of HIV/AIDS and it will be here forever.

The WORLD is therefore COMPELLED to listen……sooner or later….your choice !!!!!

Apostle Shada Mishe.

apostleshadamishe@gmail.com

Here is a video taped presentation that I gave at t he Martin Luther King library in Washington

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V53D1w__Po
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPwuwlVBOV0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZejptOwMTzQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqcTgIAhrhc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7HPKcT_iwY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9iQfgiYAnw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3RzRS6tJDM