After its 13–9 loss to the University of New Hampshire on Wednesday, the women’s lacrosse team (4–6, 1–2 Ivy) will try to regain momentum against Ivy League rival Harvard (4–4, 1–2 Ivy) on Saturday as part of Alumnae Weekend.

On paper, this weekend’s match up against the Crimson promises to be close. Against common opponents — UMass, UNH, Brown and Penn — both teams are 2–3. Defender Fielding Kidd ’11 said that if the team is going to have any success, the Elis will need to stay focused.

“We need to focus on playing a whole game,” Kidd said. “We need every player giving it their all the whole 60 minutes, rather than just some of the time.”

In their game against UNH, the Bulldogs went into the half tied 5–5 but let up in the second half. After exchanging goals at the beginning of the second half, UNH went on a 4–0 run en route to its 13–9 victory.

“We are going into these two days ready to work so that we can dominate Harvard on Saturday,” attackman Jess Sturgill ’10 said about practice this week.

The Eli defense will have to hold against a potent Harvard offense. The Crimson come into Saturday’s matchup with the momentum after their 19–4 against Bryant last Sunday. Eight different Cantabs scored in that game.

In every one of their wins, the Crimson have scored double digits; when the team has been held to single digits, the Cantabs have lost.

Goalie Whitney Quackenbush ’12, who has started in all 10 games so far this season, is averaging 9.40 goals per game with a .515 save percentage.

The Bulldogs will also look for a big performance from midfielder Devon Rhodes ’13, who leads the team this season with 16 goals and a .372 shot percentage.

“If we can get draw control against Harvard, I have confidence we will come out with a win,” attackman Jenna Block ’10 said.

Saturday’s game is scheduled for 11 a.m. at Reese Stadium.