Women’s basketball is finally returning home. Tonight the Bulldogs (5-10, 0-1 Ivy) will play their first game at Yale in over a month when they take on the Brown Bears (4-11, 1-0) for the second time in a week.

The Elis are looking to avenge their loss to the Bears last Friday in Providence. In that game, a close defensive battle, Yale was held to 29.5 percent shooting and committed 27 turnovers en route to a 60-56 defeat.

“We’re just making too many mistakes,” head coach Chris Gobrecht said. “You can’t win any championship until you stop beating yourself.”

The Elis are coming off of a loss at Bryant on Monday that featured a furious Bulldog comeback before a defeat once again, 69-62. Despite going 1-6 over their seven-game road trip, according to Gobrecht, the team looks to start fresh at home.

“We just want to start anew at home,” Gobrecht said.

Megan Vasquez ’13, who started at point guard against Bryant for the first time this season, will be playing an even bigger role for the team as Ivy League play continues. The freshman leads Yale with 11.5 points per game, has tallied double-figure points in nine straight games and ranks 10th in the Ivy League in scoring.

Forward Mady Gobrecht ’11 has also stepped up her play recently. Gobrecht posted a 15-point, 10-rebound double-double against Brown last Friday, and on Jan. 9 Gobrecht had a 16-point, six-rebound, six-block performance against NJIT. The six blocks were the most by a Yale player in a game since 2006. Gobrecht is third in the Ivy League in blocks with 1.3 blocked shots per game and leads the Bulldogs in blocks, assists and offensive rebounds.

Forward Melissa Colborne ’10 is shooting 44.2 percent from the field this season and ranks seventh in Yale history with 1,301 career points.

As Yale gets set for its rematch against Brown, coach Gobrecht said the Elis will look to clean up their act and reduce their turnovers, which she said she thinks are the team’s biggest weakness. Yale currently leads the Ivy League in turnovers, committing 350 turnovers this season, for an average of 23.3 per game.

After their long road trip, the Elis are ready and eager to defend their homecourt.

“We’re not going to dwell on the losses,” guard Vasquez said of the recent road trip.

Tip-off is slated for 7 p.m. at the John J. Lee Amphitheater.