After receiving four votes for the Kookaburra/NFHCA Division 1 National Coaches’ Poll last week, the Yale women’s field hockey team will look to win over a few more voters as they take on No. 5 University of Connecticut at Johnson Field this coming Sunday.

The Huskies come in to the contest 11-1 this season but fresh off their first loss, a 3-1 defeat at the hands of No. 4 Princeton. In that game UConn forward Loren Sherer, a five-time Field Hockey Offensive Player of the Week, scored the team’s lone goal.

Sherer (19 goals, 10 assists) leads a potent Husky offense that has outscored opponents 52-12 this year. She is joined on the attack by Kim Kryzk and Allison Angulo, each of whom has 10 assists this season, and Ali Blankmeyer, who adds nine goals and three assists.

The Bulldogs, currently on pace for one of their most prolific scoring seasons of all-time with 24 goals in 10 games, will counter the Husky attack with the high-scoring tandem of midfielder Katie Cantore ’10 and forward Ashley McCauley ’10, who are climbing up the all-time Yale rankings in assists and goals, respectively.

The Elis have already amassed a strong résumé with their play this season, losing tough one-goal games to national powerhouses Northwestern and UMass, and gaining wins against Cornell and Hofstra — both of which also received votes in this week’s poll. Yet even with these big games under their belt, a win Sunday would go a long way toward increasing the Bulldogs’ chances for potentially receiving an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament, regardless of how things shake out in the Ivy League.

The dogfight ensues 2 p.m. Sunday at Johnson Field.