After a decisive victory over Holy Cross on Wednesday, the women’s lacrosse team is set to host No. 7 Princeton at Reese Stadium this weekend.

The Bulldogs (3-7, 0-3 Ivy) will try for their first Ivy League victory of the season when they face the Tigers (8-1, 2-0) in their fourth conference game of the year.

But a victory over Princeton is easier said than done. The Tigers are currently tied for second in the Ivy League, boasting an undefeated 2-0 record in conference play. They have won their games by a combined 36 goals so far this year.

Princeton will be a formidable opponent not only because of its strong offense but also because of its tenacious defense. Only two teams have reached the double-digit threshold against the Tigers. The Princeton defense is anchored by their goalie Erin Tochihara, who was the Ivy League Defensive Player of the Week two weeks in a row in March.

But the Elis might have found the key with their revitalized style of attack. In a transition away from a one-on-one style of play, the Bulldogs have implemented a team-oriented offense in which backdoor cuts and off-the-ball movement are used to generate scoring opportunities.

Much of their success can be attributed to the harmony that the Elis have found on offense. Players and coaches agreed that the success of the offense against the Crusaders on Wednesday will help the team’s confidence going into the match against Princeton this weekend.

“This win was a huge confidence boost,” midfielder and captain Taylor Fragapane ’09 said. “We have a new sense of trust in the system and each other.”

The Bulldogs will take the field on Saturday at 1 p.m. at Reese Stadium.