Briefly: Narcotics unit turns double play in drug arrests on Chapel Street

The New Haven Police Department’s Tactical Narcotics Unit on Tuesday afternoon arrested Donald Griffin, 33, for the alleged sale of narcotics at 1329 Chapel St., three blocks from Pierson College. As the detectives were leaving that residence, they saw a street-level sale going on in front of 1345 Chapel St. and subsequently arrested Osario Zuiry, 32, for illegal possession of 48 Oxycontin pills and, in addition, intent to sell within 1,500 feet of a school. Since the narcotics unit was reinstated in February, it has made 80 arrests and seized 639.06 grams of crack, 825.4 grams of marijuana, 26.4 grams of heroin, 19 ecstasy pills, 50 Oxycontin pills and $42,766 in cash.

• Nancy

Painkiller & Heroin Addiction help.

Buprenorphine (Suboxone) is a medication when combined with therapy treats the medical condition of opioid addiction in the privacy of a doctor's office. FDA approved in 2002, this treatment has improved quality of life for patients and provided dignity to opiate addiction treatment.

The naabt.org Patient/Physician Matching System has connected 19,454 patients with at least one of the 2,465 participating physicians.

This confidential System naabtList.org helps connect people addicted to opioids to doctors providing buprenorphine treatment. The free 24/7 service lets patients reach out for help anytime with privacy.

Patient registration is fast. A short list of questions helps match patients to physicians. All information is confidential residing on a secure server. Once the application is sent, emails are sent to physicians. The System then allows the physician to contact patients confidentially by email.

For information visit http://www.naabt.org

Young people are dying in alarming numbers from combining drugs such as Suboxone with alcohol or marijuana. We have two recent examples in our local community, one of which involved a 15-year-old girl and the other a 19-year-old boy. Kids today obviously don't understand how dangerous this can be.