Pick your party poison. The Undergraduate Organization Funding Committee has released its three finalists for the $5,000 funding competition. Students can cast their vote for “Carnival,” “Chinese New Year” or “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy,” until 11:59 p.m. Thursday.

Jonathan Edwards College Dean Kyle Farley has been reappointed for another three-year term, Acting Master Penelope Laurans informed the Jonathan Edwards community by e-mail yesterday afternoon. The review committee actually approved the reappointment at the beginning of the academic year, but the college was just now notified due to “changes in the Yale College Dean’s Office last term,” the e-mail noted.

Give life at the American Red Cross Blood Drive, scheduled from 9 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. today. The blood drive is held just a short walk from campus, in the Public Hearing Room in the basement of 200 Orange St.

Elis looking to shed holiday pounds can now sign up for classes at Payne Whitney Gym. Registration closes at 3 p.m. Friday and must be done in person at the Lanman Center. Classes include the usual array of yoga, pilates and aerobic classes, in addition to such obscure offerings as beginner golf, ballroom dance, S.C.U.B.A., and skeet and trap shooting.

Shelter from the cold. Branford freshmen braved the cold last night to construct an igloo in the Vanderbilt courtyard. The Branford bunch used recycling bins to form snow bricks and stacked them by the courtyard benches. “Being from California, I never thought I’d have the opportunity to build an igloo. I’m really freezing, but it was worth it,” Christopher Luu ’12 said.

Ronan Farrow LAW ’09 was featured in this week’s edition of New York Magazine as one of the “Fourteen New Yorkers on the verge of changing their worlds.” Farrow, named the “New Activist,” focuses his efforts on Africa and has testified before Congress and written op-eds for The Wall Street Journal.

Skip Staples. Free notebooks will be distributed to all students by the Yale College Council at dinner tonight and tomorrow in each of the residential colleges.

This day in Yale history

1942 In preparation for World War II, the New Haven Fire Department staged a demonstration of different fire-fighting methods in case “incendiary bombs” were to fall on Yale and New Haven. The preview included a performance by the “fog nozzle,” the newest addition to the city’s arsenal of blaze-fighting equipment. Fire Chief Paul P. Heinz noted that “New Haven would probably be among the first American cities to be bombed.”

Submit ideas to Cross Campus
crosscampus@yaledailynews.com