Obama’s daughters want to go to Yale, according to British daily Telegraph’s list of the “50 things you might not know” about the President-elect. Malia, 10, wants to be an actress, while Sasha, 7, “wants to sing and dance.” Perhaps their preference was spurred by the rejection of daddy Obama’s application to appear in a black pinup calendar while at Harvard.

Blackout. The studious population of Bass Library was thrust into darkness when the power went out several times yesterday around 5:30 p.m. The outage provided the perfect excuse for a study break.

“I’ve been looking everywhere.” Although this single sentence and a phone number took over the entire York Street bulletin board yesterday, regular-sized flyers began to regain space after a few hours. Whoever it was appeared to be screening his calls.

Yale Club “invaded.” Located in Manhattan, 70 percent of the club’s guest rooms must remain exclusive for members in order for the club to maintain tax-exempt status. The IRS has started an investigation after “old-money members complained of steady invasions of crowds from such lowbrow places as The Bronx,” New York Post reported.

Propaganda in the Rotunda. The floor of Woolsey Rotunda was littered with white pamphlets yesterday. Entitled “The Sovereign Liberties,” the leaflets were reportedly distributed to prominent universities and media outlets around the nation. Addressed to Ron Paul “and any brave man or women that has spoken out for Freedom and Liberty,” the pamphlets included several pages of encrypted data.

But what tableau? Two statuesque students, one on all fours and the other with his foot planted firmly on the other Eli’s back, appeared at around 1 p.m. on Cross Campus yesterday. Adding to the absurdity, flanking the two Yalies were a set of Greek columns.

The flu that has infected Whim ’n Rhythm rendered the group unable to perform at a Branford, Conn., retirement community yesterday. Taking their place were the SOBs, who were able to fill the void with a show that, though more masculine, still entertained the elderly residents. Said one happy audience member, “I’m sort of glad the girls had the flu!”

This day in Yale history

1959 Eero Saarinen unveiled construction plans for Morse and Ezra Stiles colleges, which were to cost around $6.2 million. The new colleges answered demands for singles to achieve the “ideal” for undergraduate life. Ironically, common rooms were added in renovations the next year, showing that the “ideal” for undergraduate life had changed.

Submit ideas to Cross Campus

crosscampus@yaledailynews.com