Championship won’t come easy

Three wins.

For the women’s squash team, winning three in a row will be a little easier said than done this weekend.

The women’s squash team will look to return to championship form by overcoming heavy favorites Penn and Princeton.
Calgary Leveen

The No. 4 Bulldogs (11-2, 4-2 Ivy) head to Cambridge today to compete in the College Squash Association’s championships — an eight-team tournament over three days to decide the nation’s best. Their quest for the national title begins at 2:30 p.m. versus Ancient Eight rival, No. 6 Dartmouth (10-6, 2-4), in the three-seed vs. six-seed match.

The two squads met earlier in the season on Jan. 19 in what turned out to be an easy 8-1 victory for the Elis at the Brady Squash Center. The Bulldogs have actually not lost to anyone with a P on their shirt, losing to only No. 1 Penn (12-0, 6-0), 7-2, and No. 2 Princeton (7-1, 5-1), 6-3. Against any other competition the Bulldogs have dropped a total of 10 games — an average of one per match.

A win on Friday will most likely pit the Yale against Princeton Saturday at 2 p.m. with a spot in the finals on the line for Sunday. The Bulldogs are looking for their sixth team title in program history and their first since 2006.