Make that eight.

The women’s squash team was able to extend its winning streak to eight matches versus rival No. 5 Trinity (7-1) last night. Those in attendance inside a raucous Brady Squash Center were able to watch some of the best squash offered at the college level. All nine individual matches were filled with intense action, and in the end, the No. 4 Bulldogs (9-1, 2-1 Ivy) prevailed, 6-3, over the Bantams.

The Elis were led by captain and No. 1 Miranda Ranieri ’08, who swept Trinity’s Lauren Polonich, 3-0. The Toronto native said she came into the match determined.

“I went out there really focused and motivated,” Ranieri explained. “It was a tough match, but I felt I played my best.”

No. 3 Sarah Toomey ’11 won a thriller, 3-2, to end the night’s matches, defeating Trinity’s Tehani Guruge.

In what proved to be one of the night’s most exciting matchups, Toomey dropped the first two games — 7-9, 6-9— but fought back and strung together three straight games — 9-4, 9-1, 9-3 — to eventually win the match. The victory added to an already unblemished individual record, making it 10-0.

The poised freshman was not worried when she found herself in the 2-0 hole; she said she had been there before.

“I came into the third game with a different game plan,” Toomey said. “I felt I was fitter than her and I had the confidence to come back and win.”

Head coach Dave Talbott said he was impressed with the women’s play and was excited that the team is playing its best going into more league action in the near future.

Talbott also pointed out that the team’s early loss against No. 2 Penn on Dec. 1 was shorthanded. The early loss to the Quakers came without No. 4 Alia Aziz ’10, who tore her ACL in a wake-boarding accident over the summer. Aziz, who said in an e-mail she still is not 100 percent healthy, returned to the team after winter break and won her five matches since returning before losing last night. With a full roster, Talbott thinks his team is in good shape.

“They played really well,” he said. “If we continue playing like this, we can win out the rest of the season. It’s the best they’ve played all season.”

Several players said they are happy to see their hard work in training sessions paying off and are enjoying their success.

“Playing a match like this with a supporting team is always fun,” Elisabeth Hill ’08 said.

The Bulldogs will look to continue their fun on Feb. 2 at Princeton and extend their winning streak to nine.