Friday, Jan. 17

Salt of the Earth: A Prophetic Christian Vision of the Gospel and Social Justice

7 p.m., Afro-American Cultural Center, 211 Park St.

Worship and a panel discussion on King’s prophetic vision in contemporary America.

Saturday, Jan. 18

8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. Dwight Hall Community Service Clean-Up Projects. Contact hannah.croasmun@yale.edu for information.

Communiversity Day: A Celebration Fit for a King Wall of Dreams, Payne Whitney Gym

11-3 p.m., Payne Whitney Gym, Educational Yale tour for Roberto Clemente students and science, math and sports clinic for kids.

4-6 p.m., Yale Faculty Panel Discussion, Civil Rights Revisited and Affirmative Action: An Historical, Sociological and Educational Perspective, in Linsley Chittenden Hall, room 102.

Sunday, Jan. 19

Interfaith Service and Discussions Battell Chapel, Interfaith Service TBA

2 p.m. Michael Franti, formerly of Spearhead, discussing environmental justice at the Peabody Museum.

Monday, Jan. 20

12 – 2 p.m. Pan-ethnic luncheon and screenings of King’s speech “The Two Americas” and film “State of the Nation; the Color is Green.” At the Afro-American Cultural Center 211 Park St.

2:30 p.m. George Edwards, former member of New Haven Black Panther Party in Ezra Stiles College.

2:30 p.m. Saybrook College will dedicate two entryways to Edward Bouchet 1874 GRD 1876, the country’s first black Ph.D.

3 p.m. Silliflicks screening of “At the River I Stand.” Enter through Silliman Master’s House.

8:30 – 9:30 p.m. Performance showcase and closing ceremony with Yale performance groups in Battell Chapel.

Call 432-0770 for more information on these events.