Meta words piece. Here’s the short version of the latest news about the News: (1) Applications for WEEKEND’s Blindest Date competition are due tonight, and (2) YDN Open House, Thursday, 8 to 9 p.m. 202 York St. Miss either, and forever lose out on a shot at the love of your life.       

Feb, be wary. Not to disillusion the underclassmen who thought they somehow snuck onto the Feb Club panlist, but an email to those actually on it warned that an impostor has been sending fake invitations from februaryclub15@gmail.com. One such message advertised a Yale Admissions-themed party that honestly sounded more fun than the real event at 323 Crown last night.

Shake ’em down. The location for this year’s Senior Class Gift kick-off event isn’t as under wraps as the one whose cover we just blew. Tonight at 8 p.m., the class of 2015 will gather at Shake Shack for frivolity and free beer/wine/shakes before getting down to brass tacks about their plans to get everyone on board with donation efforts.   

Another cause. And once the Shake Shack event ends, many seniors may head over to Toad’s for tonight’s Woad’s for Women’s Education event. Tickets are $5 and must be purchased ahead of time to go into the coffers of Circle of Women. Otherwise your cash will go to good ol’ Toad’s.

The pleasure is ours. If a seat at the marquee Yale-Harvard hockey and basketball games this weekend isn’t reward enough, pick up your tickets for the kind message that the Yale Athletic Ticket Office now sends out to students in exchange. “Thank you for your support,” its subject line reads. Implicit in it is an expectation that we’ll be in the stands to cheer on our Elis — an expectation that all of us should plan to meet.

Tell us how we’re doing. Despite the personalization, seemingly everyone in the college received the email from Dean Jonathan Holloway about the 2015 Yale Enrolled Student Survey. Surely, you have a grasp of your own Yale College Experience, but we’ve got you covered if you want to take the opportunity to inform yourself about current events on campus.

Spilling over to Boston. Economics professor and externalities king William Nordhaus was named Chariman of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston’s Board of Directors yesterday. We expect Beantown to see decreased pollution as a secondary benefit of the appointment.

THIS DAY IN YALE HISTORY 2009 Following the release of a Yale College Council proposal for academic minors, faculty appear split on the issue.

Follow the News on Twitter. @yaledailynews

THE YALE DAILY NEWS