Delta Kappa Epsilon brothers shouted offensive chants as part of a pledge process on Old Campus Wednesday night.

The Women’s Center deemed the actions “hate speech” and “an active call for sexual violence.”

Around 9:30 pm, students were seen chanting, among other things, “No means yes, yes means anal.”

The students, some of whom were blindfolded and being led in a line with their hands on each others’ shoulders, were also heard chanting “My name is Jack, I’m a necrophiliac, I f— dead women.”

The Women’s Center board convened later Wednesday night to issue a response to an issue they felt was serious and needed to be addressed immediately.

“This action by DKE has made public that they see rape as a joke or, worse, something they support,” their statement to the News said. “That these calls may have been made in jest should not distract from the fact that they incite violence.”

The Center said that this is a serious issue, which should be addressed by the Yale administration.

UPDATE: 2:07 a.m.

An earlier version of this post reported that DKE pledges were responsible for the chanting. Although the Women’s Center and eyewitnesses attributed the actions to DKE, there have been conflicting reports as to who is responsible.

UPDATE: 4:08 a.m.

DKE brother Sam Teicher ’12 told the News that DKE pledges were responsible for the incident.