This episode of Attune features one poem and also the first chapter of an upcoming fantasy novel. The first poem is called “Scary Tales,” written by Ivi Fung, voiced by Sarah McKinnis, with original music by Jonathan Weiss. The chapter is from the novel Babel, written by Rebecca Kuang, and is the first chapter of her upcoming fantasy novel, “Babel or the Necessity of Violence: an Arcane History of the Oxford Translators’ Revolution.” The piece was voiced by Arnold Setiadi, with original music composed by Amelia Lake. You can read transcripts of these works at this link: (linktr.ee/FollowAlongwithAttune).

This episode was produced by Slaveya Zaharieva, Laura Palacio Londono, Eileen Peng, as well as Xavier Guaracha, and was sound engineered by Slaveya Zaharieva, Laura Palacio Londono, and Xavier Guaracha. Our intro and outro theme is written by Sharon Ahn.

Episode cover by Cecilia Lee.

Attune is an audio narrative anthology producing student-written short stories, plays, and poetry, as well as voice talent and original soundtracks by both Yale students and alumni.

SLAVEYA ZAHARIEVA
Slaveya Zaharieva is a senior in Branford College. She is an international student from Bulgaria and is double-majoring in Economics and Global Affairs. She is interested in social issues such as climate change and public health, and loves writing fantasy and science fiction stories.
LAURA PALACIO LONDOñO
Laura is a student in Branford College. She was born in Colombia but has lived the majority of her life in West Palm Beach. She is an anthropology major who wants to go on to study public health. You can often find her listening to fiction podcasts (or creating them).
EILEEN PENG
XAVIER GUARACHA