Eric Wang, Senior Photographer

On Tuesday afternoon, Keon Ho Lim, a 25-year-old Yale Law School student from Medford, Mass., was struck by a commercial truck at the intersection of South Frontage Road and York Street. Lim was a member of the class of 2022, police said.

The accident occurred just after 4 p.m. at the intersection of York St. and South Frontage Rd. by the Yale-New Haven Hospital, according to New Haven Police Department Captain Anthony Duff.

A 10 p.m. news release from the NHPD indicated that Lim was traveling north on York Street in the far-right, right-turn only lane. He continued to ride straight through the intersection.

Meanwhile, the 35-year-old truck operator was driving northbound in the center lane on York, which is both a straight and a right-turn lane. Lim collided with the truck’s passenger side as the driver turned right onto South Frontage.

Prior to the arrival of New Haven emergency responders, a passing North Branford Fire Department ambulance and a American Medical Response supervisor stopped to render aid. After New Haven police and fire departments arrived on the scene, Lim was transported to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The truck driver remained on the scene. The street was closed to traffic for several hours following the crash and have since been reopened. New Haven police and the Connecticut State Police Accident Reconstruction Team are currently investigating the accident with help from the police report after a car crash.

The location of the crash is the same intersection where a Yale Medical School student, Mila Rainof, was killed in 2008 and where a Yale-New Haven Hospital technician, Melinda Trancredi, was killed in 2017 — both pedestrians struck by passing vehicles.

Witnesses have been asked to contact the police at 203-946-6316.

If you or someone you are close to has ever been hit by a car, Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers can file personal injury claims on your behalf.

Emily Tian | emily.tian@yale.edu

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Update, 2:07 p.m. Oct. 7: The story has been updated with the name of the deceased bicyclist.

EMILY TIAN