A home invasion robbery at a residence on Dickerman Street — just a half mile from Payne Whitney Gymnasium — resulted in the stabbing of two adults in the home on March 20. A day prior, a 46-year-old man was shot on the same street.

“The preliminary investigation does not show a connection between the home invasion robbery and the shooting the previous day. Both incidents occurred on the one block between Sperry Street and Orchard Street,” NHPD Press Liaison Anthony Duff wrote in a press release on March 21.

New Haven police officers responded to the home invasion robbery at 2:15 a.m. on March 20, Duff announced in the press release. Two or three masked males forced their way into the third floor of a Dickerman Street residence, according to Duff. There were four adults and one child inside the residence.

During the robbery, one adult victim was stabbed in the shoulder and the other adult victim was stabbed in the leg. In the press release, Duff wrote that other adult victims were assaulted with punches. The child was not harmed, he said.

Following the incident, all victims were transported to the hospital. In an update sent by Duff the following day, he reported that all victims — 22 to 26 years of age —  have been released from the hospital.

The day before the home invasion incident, New Haven police officers responded to Dickerman Street — the same block — for a complaint of gunfire, according to a separate press release by Duff on March 20.

Duff wrote that a short time after the officers were dispatched, a 46-year-old male gunshot victim arrived in a private vehicle at Yale-New Haven Hospital. The New Haven resident suffered a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to the hip, and has since been released from the hospital.

In the both press releases the NHPD asked for anyone with information to call the department’s Detective Bureau. Duff said that both investigations are ongoing.

Sammy Westfall | sammy.westfall@yale.edu

SAMMY WESTFALL