Courtesy of the Daily Princetonian

A coach bus carrying Princeton students to New Haven for Saturday’s football game between the Bulldogs and the Tigers crashed into a West Haven building at 10 a.m. on Saturday, sending four students and the driver to the hospital with injuries.

The four Princeton students suffered minor injuries and were taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure, according to a Princeton press release posted Saturday afternoon. The statement was not updated with more information as of Sunday night.

The accident took place 10 minutes from Yale’s campus, just off the ramp of Exit 43 of the I-95 highway. The bus crashed into a building owned by the Anderson Glass Company located at 807 Campbell Ave.

According to the Associated Press, at least six ambulances arrived on the scene to transport injured students to the hospital.

Director of Athletics Victoria Chun told the News that Yale responded swiftly to the incident, updating Princeton’s athletic department as soon as they were made aware of the situation.

“When we were made aware of the accidents, Yale’s Office of Emergency Management immediately worked with the Yale Police Department to help transport the Princeton students from the site of the accident to the Bowl,” Chun said.

No student-athletes were involved in Saturday’s crash. Princeton students who were unharmed by the crash were placed on another bus and transported to the game. Fox61 reported that the cause of the crash is believed to have been a brake failure.

The buses from Coach USA were organized by Princeton’s Undergraduate Student Government to transport Princeton students to the Yale Bowl in time for Saturday’s 12:30 p.m. kickoff. Kickoff was unaffected by the crash. The Tigers triumphed over the Bulldogs, remaining the Ivy League’s only undefeated team and securing at least a share of the Ivy League championship.

Angela Xiao | angela.xiao@yale.edu

Lorenzo Arvanitis | lorenzo.arvanitis@yale.edu

Cristofer Zillo | cris.zillo@yale.edu

ANGELA XIAO
LORENZO ARVANITIS
CRISTOFER ZILLO