A Yale shuttle bus collided with a parked SUV early Tuesday morning on Whitney Avenue, causing a four-car pileup. Nobody was injured.

The crash took place at the intersection of Whitney Avenue and Lindon Street, in the vicinity of the Yale Divinity School campus. It occurred at 8:30 a.m., in the middle of rush-hour traffic, New Haven Police Department Media Liaison David Hartman noted in a press conference Tuesday.

According to police, the driver was a New Haven resident and was nearing the end of his driving shift when he collided with the parked SUV. The force of the crash thrust the parked vehicle on top of a third car, which then subsequently hit a fourth vehicle. At the time of the accident, the other cars involved in the collision were empty, and no passengers were onboard the shuttle.

Police investigators told local media that the Yale shuttle driver may have been suffering from fatigue at the time of the crash. Police stated that although many factors were possibly responsible for the crash, driver fatigue is one of the most prevalent causes of car accidents.

An ambulance transported the shuttle driver from the crash site to Yale New Haven hospital, where he received a medical evaluation. The driver demonstrated that he was able to walk and claimed he was uninjured. Police issued the driver an infraction for failing to drive in the proper lane.